Sally

Barcelona

Good, fun restaurants to try in Barcelona for first time visitor

First time visiting the city and I want to hit the top restaurants. Ideally places that are a fun scene too. Any recommendations?

Serena from San Francisco

One of my absolute favorite Barcelona restaurants is

Petra (website), located in the Born district. I wouldn't say it's "fun" in the sense that it's not a crazy scene, but it's got a great atmosphere, eclectic funky decor, amazing food, and really good wine. I've recommended it to everyone that visits and I always get rave reviews from people after they go. It's so good.

The El Born area in general is a really cool place, full of amazing boutiques, tapas places, and lots of bars. Definitely worth exploring.

1. Petra (restaurant)
  2. El Born (metro area)

Jen from San Francisco

A few of my favorites spots in Eixample are Cervecería Catalana and Tapas 24

1. Cervecería Catalana (restaurant)
  2. Tapas 24 (restaurant)

Joseph from Belfast

La Pepita is a great place to go for Tapas. Try the Tuna Pepita. You won't regret it.

1. La Pepita (attraction)

Sadly, I don't know of anything trendy, but please, please, please DON'T eat El Glop. I should have known better when seeing the name, as it defines the food perfectly. Imagine a raw egg at the bottom of a luke warm french onion soup. *shiver* Just soooo bad.

1. El Glop (restaurant)

Jahn from Barcelona

Hi Sally!

Nice you are coming to town... I got a freebie tapa restaurant guide for you here: #BCN - by locals

My personal favorite is an argentinian/spanish place on a charming square in old town: Alsur Café (El Born) (GGL maps Link)

I also would like to vote up the Cervecería Catalana! A go to place, but you need to plan between half an hour to an hour wait (weekends are really packed).

But food, as you can see here, is fresh and delicious:

Hope you enjoy the trip and consider checking out my ebook... It is worth it. A lot of stuff you will not discover without having locals advice ;-)

Cheerz, Jahn

1. Cervecería Catalana (restaurant)
  2. Alsur Café (El Born) (attraction)

Vero from Santo Domingo

try Mussol restaurant on the Carrer de Casp street #19. great tapas and sangria. http://www.bcnrestaurantes.com/barcelona.asp?restaurante=mussol-casp

1. Mussol (restaurant)

Daniel from Boston

Never made it myself but heard great things about Can Paixano La Champagneria. Also, take a walk down the beach, pretty much any of the restaurants are a good choice. The beach is also a big spot for night clubs if thats what your looking for. Definitely make time for the Basílica de la Sagrada Família, just buy tickets ahead of time as it gets extremely busy. If you like the  style of the Familia then also check out Parc Güell.

1. Can Paixano La Champagneria (restaurant)
  2. Basílica de la Sagrada Família (attraction)
  3. Parc Güell (attraction)

Teo from Barcelona

I would suggest Taller de Tapas (there are several in the city), or Ciudad Condal or Cervecería Catalana. Whilst these are not first options for locals, I have always taken foreign friends out to these places and they loved them. Tapas with international twist & great atmosphere!

1. Taller de Tapas (attraction)
  2. Cervecería Catalana (restaurant)
  3. Ciudad Condal (restaurant)

Alexey from Saint Petersburg (Russia)

Visit any place from Tragaluz group! http://grupotragaluz.com/en/restaurants-3/

Lucy from San Francisco

There are great restaurants in the Ramblas area.  

1. Ramblas (attraction)

Sierra from Lafayette (Indiana)

Restaurant Egipte is in the Rambla area. Very touristy, but great paella.

1. Restaurant Egipte (restaurant)