lauren
Vancouver

lauren from Vancouver asked

Clean hotel close to beach and tourist attractions

$$ Clean hotel close to beach and tourist attractions. What were your favorite places and sights?!

Barcelona (Spain)

Georgia from Long Island (New York)

I can recommend the Hotel Montecarlo it is on Las Ramblas right off Catalunya Square where you can find transport to anywhere including the airport and access to all types of shopping.  Las Ramblas location not for everyone but we found it so convenient and lively- people out walking even late at night.  hotel was very clean and the staff very helpful.  If you are concerned with noise, ask for room in the rear- we never heard a sound.

lauren
Thanks Georgia! Could you clarify how to get to or from the airport? that is handy!!

Georgia
Lauren - there is a very convenient bus from airport to Catalunya placa. Inexpensive and if I remember maybe 45 min ride. Departures both ways frequent (check but I think hourly). Once at the placa you are literally at the center of everything including busses and trains. Super convenient. We were only in town a few days and took advantage of hop on off bus. Took us everywhere we wanted to go without confusion and perfect for getting our bearings. Have fun - this is favorite city so far

Georgia
Sorry I forgot to add that once at airport ask for bus to Catalunya sq. Tickets can be bought right there so you just get on the line and wait. So convenient.