Jen

Barcelona

Central location hotels in Barcelona, $250 or less/night?

I'll be heading to Barcelona for the first time for a few days around Oct 10 and would love a recommendation on hotels for approx. $250/night or less, preferably in a central location, and if at all possible, a fitness room/center at the hotel as well.

Thank you all for your insight, it is greatly appreciated!

Ieva from Jurmala

You'll find plenty, just see what you like on booking.com. The best area is around Passeig de Gràcia, Barcelona (the upscale shopping street). Just a friendly suggestion - stay away from La Rambla/El Borne district. It is a common mistake tourists do when come for the first time, since they think its the perfect central location for a hotel. It is in fact really dangerous, especially at night, when it is a party place for drug dealers, mugglers, pocket thieves and prostitutes. If I ever have to, I only pass by the area in a cab at night. Keep your eyes on your bag and pockets at all times, especially when walking down Las Ramblas, at the beach and in the Subway. ;)

P.S. If you feel like a boat ride to see the city from a different angle, I can help you with that - have a look at antlos.com :)

1. Passeig de Gràcia, Barcelona (attraction)
  2. La Rambla (attraction)

Hotel Jazz. Check it out

1. Hotel Jazz (hotel)

Hi Jen!! I will recommend Hostal BCN Ramblas, take a look at the rates but I think it is less than that. It is well located in Las Ramblas, it is clean and offers comfortable rooms. Besides it is modern and stylish. The hostal is pretty close to many restaurants, stores and also walking distance from Plaça de Catalunya where the Barcelona bus touristic can be taken.

Hope this helps!

1. Hostal BCN Ramblas (hotel)
  2. Las Ramblas (attraction)
  3. Plaça de Catalunya (attraction)