Cheryl
Saint Joseph (Missouri)

Bar Harbor

What is a good place to stay for a couple of nights for sightseeing?

We're on a smaller budget and will spend most of the time sightseeing in Bar Harbor, ME. Acadia and the lighthouses are our destinations.

Jane from Budd Lake

Hi Cheryl, I have stayed in several places in Bar Harbor they are...Edenbrook Motel, Acadia Inn, The Days Inn Bar Harbor/Frenchman's Bay and Isleview Motel and Cottages. In the summer there is a shuttle bus called the Island Explorer that picks up visitors at many of the motels and will take you to downtown Bar Harbor or Acadia National Park. The motels a few minutes out of Bar Harbor are cheaper but the shuttle can take you where you need to go. I'd check with the motel to see if they use the shuttle. The rides are free. I hope this helps. If I can be of any more help let me know.

1. Bar Harbor (city)
  2. Acadia National Park (amusement park)
  3. Edenbrook Motel (hotel)
  4. Acadia Inn (hotel)
  5. Days Inn Bar Harbor/Frenchman's Bay (hotel)
  6. Isleview Motel and Cottages (hotel)