bosse
Germany

Bangkok

photoshooting location

hi there,

I plan a photoshooting in bangkok and i search for a place/part there that looks really old and traditonal :) and if than it would be a place with not so much tourist that would be awesome,

I could belife that it would also be a nice place for many other who like it a lil more "old asian" ^_^

it can be a lil out of town but should not be too far away :)

thanks in advance

There are so many great places to photograph in Bangkok!  For that old Thailand feel, here are some that you should check out:

There will be tourists there, but there's never been a point where I visited where it was full of people.  The only time I can think of where there'd be a ton of people is if there was a holiday.

These aren't old school, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway -- the Chao Phraya River is gorgeous at sunrise and sunset.  It runs through Bangkok, so you can catch it near the temples.  The Sky Bar is also amazing.  It's at the top of a nice hotel and you have to get up there before sunset to catch the sun going down!  One of my favorite photography spots in Bangkok.

1. Wat Arun Temple of the Dawn (attraction)
  2. Wat Pho (attraction)
  3. Grand Palace (attraction)
  4. Chao Phraya River (attraction)
  5. Sky Bar (restaurant)

Napat Palm

All the places suggested above are located in Bangkok's Old City. You will be able to see old Thai-style architecture by just walking around the area. I have a couple of places I would like to suggest, places I think wouldn't really turn up in the usual recommendation. See if you like it:

1.  Wat Bowon Niwet (Wat Bowonniwet Vihara Rajavaravihara) - I believe it serves as residence of some of our Kings when they became monks. Therefore, the temple is well preserved and has a special section for royal family. It is not a popular tourist destination, so it would give you just the authenticity you desired. 

2.  Chulalongkorn University - One of the top University in Thailand situated right in the middle of Bangkok next to Siam shopping area, but it is filled with large trees and traditional buildings. It's like an oasis in the city.

3. Vimanmek Mansion - built in 1890s by King Rama V, this mansion is supposedly the largest golden  teak-wood mansion in the world. Really pretty! 

4.  M.R. Kukrit's Heritage Home - This is where you will find the traditional Thai house from the central region. 

Google will turn up results for any of these key word searches. ENJOY!!

1. Wat Bowon Niwet (attraction)
  2. Chulalongkorn University (attraction)
  3. Vimanmek Mansion (attraction)
  4. M.R. Kukrit's Heritage Home (attraction)

Marie from Austin (Texas)

Try Bangkok's Pak Khlong Talat Flower Market. I also suggest riding the river ferry that runs through town to temples that are more on the outskirts of the city. There are also some nice outdoor markets that are more traditional and less touristy that you can get to with the ferry. 

1. Pak Khlong Talat Flower Market (attraction)

frieso from Brussels

Ayutthaya is not too far from Bangkok if you are looking for a more historic setting.

1. Ayutthaya (state)