Pat
Cambria

Bangkok

Bangkok airports and in between

Anyone familiar with the airports in Bangkok? I will be arriving from the US at Suvarnabhumi at 11am and departing Dom Mueang for Cambodia at 7:50pm. I would like to use some of my time doing something constructive, even tho I will be tired. I plan the shuttle bus between the two airports. Is there something relatively easy and hassle free that I can do to use up a few hours of time? I will have hand luggage and I will be returning to Bangkok later for a longer time when I will tour many of the sites with a small group. Any suggestions for a bed for sleep, massage, spa, nearby site I could visit? Not interested in shopping. 

Joey from Hong Kong

Take the Airport Rail Link (city line, Baht45, 30 min) to Siam Center, the central hub of transport, shopping and food in downtown Bangkok. From there you can take BTS train to Mo Chit station Chatughak Park MRT Station, which is the nearest station to Don Mueang Airport (14 km, 30 min). Taxi between Don Mueng and Mo Chit costs about Baht 110-130 (excl highway toll abt Baht 25). Weekend market Chatuchak Weekend Market on Sat and Sun, not to miss for both locals and tourists. Remember asking for "meter" when flagging a cab.

1. Siam Center (attraction)
  2. Chatughak Park MRT Station (attraction)
  3. Chatuchak Weekend Market (attraction)

I think there's a Health Land Spa somewhat near the airport although I'm pretty sure you'll still have to get into the main part of town. I had a couple of massages there and they were always great. 

1. Health Land Spa (attraction)

Siddharth from Mumbai

It can be tricky and exhausting as queues can be really long & unmanaged ...

Pat from Cambria

I looked into message, which after a day of flying sounds real good. Found the hotels around the airports very reasonable so I booked a room at a hotel next to DMK. I will take the shuttle there, dump my luggage, and relax in a spa for a few hours before flying on to Cambodia. Thanks for ideas.