Jon
Brooklyn

Bangkok

Where is a place that makes good quality suits for a low price?

I'm going to bangkok soon and I've had a bunch of friends tell me to be sure and pick up some custom suits that are cheap. I looked online and seems like there are a bunch of places that will scam you. Does anyone have and recommendations on places to check out? Also how much should I be looking to pay for a suit?

Jordan

There literally are thousands of places to go to and probably even more scammers. Also as a little side note,  just because the fabric at any given tailor is labeled 100% wool or some other expensive material, doesn't mean it is. 

I went to a place called Crown Tailor that was way legit right next to Nana Plaza. He showed me some material that was marked high quality but when it burned it would turn a funny color. I paid about $530 for a three piece suit with two shirts and they gave me a free tie and travel bag. All custom fitted and done in three days back to back because I was only there for a few days. I just wore it out for the first time last weekend at my buddy's wedding and it was a hit. Would definitely recommend. Look them up on TripAdvisor too.

1. Crown Tailor (attraction)

J. from Chicago

Let me be the next to add to the remarks of Crown Tailor. Went to all these places listed above, and I have to agree, all 3 are completely legit, as well as great in what they do. The winning reason I chose Crown over Raja & Rajawongse is that they have a US travelling tailor program where I can meet them, get re fitted & order some more clothes, which in the long run was what I was aiming for. 

Suits were perfect, got them in 4 days and will be scheduling an appointment on their next stop state side!

1. Crown Tailor (attraction)

Matteo

I'm always going for quality materials and great refining. I'm very glad that I found Best Tailor Bangkok | Signature's Collection in Talat NoiRiver City Bangkok The staff simply does a great work and the quality is absolutely better than so many other ones in Sukhumvit. Their prices are very reasonable as well. Ben and everyone else there's great! Highly recommended!

1. Best Tailor Bangkok | Signature's Collection (attraction)
  2. Talat Noi (attraction)
  3. River City Bangkok (attraction)
  4. Sukhumvit (attraction)

anna from New York City

Definite, there are thousands of custom tailors in Bangkok and this is not simple task to find reliable tailors among Bangkok tailors. But I would like to recommend Tom's Fashion, 19, Soi Preeda, Sukhumvit Soi 8, Bangkok 10110, Thailand, because i used this tailor services during to my Bangkok trip last year on July 2013. They did great job for me and really his work is very fine and quality also superb. Budget is also reliable.

1. Tom's Fashion (attraction)

Pikku from Helsinki

http://www.rajasfashions.com/

They make perfect suits and do not scam you :) it´s not the cheapest, but very high quality. You can find a lot of recommendations from tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.fi/Attraction_Review-g293916-d2083026-Reviews-Raja_s_Fashions-Bangkok.html

Jade from Texas City

Yes, another vote for Raja Tailor & Thai Silk Branch.

1. Raja Tailor & Thai Silk Branch (attraction)

Tony from Bangkok

Hi Guys, I have a great Tailor to recommend which is in Sukhumvit Soi 16, just opposite of Foodland Supermarket Rarm Intra. A lot of high class customers and very professional, reliable and really great quality fabrics and workmanship. Charlie's Design Fashion House Exclusive TailorCharlie’s Design is their name and they are online and on Facebook too. They can fit many budgets, just look at their fabrics, let them recommend you and decide what you want to spent, they won't push you and you will experience what a true tailor is. Have fun and feel like a king.

1. Foodland Supermarket Rarm Intra (attraction)
  2. Charlie's Design Fashion House Exclusive Tailor (attraction)

Scott

My friend and I stopped here one day on the way to Lumpini Stadium:

Brioni At Bangkok
http://abprofessional.net/brioni-at-bangkok/

My friend works for the City of Los Angeles and got 4 professional souits made for her there. They measured her that morning, later that afternoon on the way to the stadium we stopped by for a final check with some samples then a few nights later they were delivered to our hotel before our flight left. Very professional and helpful and the quality really rocks. She still wears the outfits today over 3 years later. While you wait they'll offer you a water/beer and show you tons of samples of fabric and design.

1. Brioni At Bangkok (attraction)

Dennis from Copenhagen

As you found out there's a lot of places, if they will scam you I can't say. But I never had any problems but found that the quality often is more trusted in the "real" stores rather than in the markets. But take a look around and see for yourself what "suits"  you.