Ayla
Istanbul

Bangkok

What are the best foods to try at the street markets in Bangkok?

I'm visiting Bangkok for the first time and want to expand my palette and try some great food that is unique to Bangkok. Open and willing to try anything! What shouldn't I miss?

Bart from New York City

Durian!

Uriel from Saint-Jean-de-Luz

Hi Ayla,

If you are in Bangkok, I would highly recommend this walking food tour in some less touristy sides of Bangkok :

https://www.eoasia.com/en/thailand/bangkok/activities/2192-walking-food-tour-off-the-beaten-path-around-bangkok

I took it while in Bangkok, and tasted about 7 dishes from different region of Thailand. It was one of my best culinary experience in Asia :)

Uriel

Nam from Bangkok

In general, Thais love grilled pork BBQ (Moo Ping) or fried chicken (Gai Thod) with sticky rice. You can find everywhere on the streets in Bangkok.

Noodles are one of the most common food too. However, there are several formulas of them such as Chicken noodle, Boat noodle and Tom Yam noodle.

For great food in the famous street markets, Khao Kaeng is a must. It is ready to eat food arrays which will be served to you with steamed rice.

FYI: Hawkers selling Pad Thai on Khao San Road are not real. They are not qualified to cook this delicious Thai food. The food are just poor fried noodles and sucked sauce which unhealthy and not worth 30 Baht.

Khao Kaeng style in the picture

2. Khao San Road (attraction)

Ricky from Sydney, Australia

Som Tum Sua Som Yom is the best. Go to Sathorn soi suan plu soi 8 for some amazing street food.

1. Som Tum Sua Som Yom (restaurant)

Arpit from Jaipur, Rajasthan

Khao Min Gai it is the best food consist of Thai Curry, Steamed Rice and Chicken.