Shant
Granada Hills, California

Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Must-have iOS apps while traveling in Thailand?

Hi guys- 

I'll be traveling to Thailand for 1 month (bangkok/chiang mai) in 2015 and was curious if there were any iOS apps I should download to make my life easier while traveling. Anything transportation related, food related, etc :) 

I already downloaded Google translate, 12go (which I hear is good for booking flights around Thailand), TripIt (for flight info), tripadvisor (finding cool attractions around), etc.

Nuttapol from Nonthaburi

FourSquares is quite enough for finding cool places. For hotel booking, I recommend Agoda.com or Airbnb up to your style of accommodation .

Andrea from Seattle

There is an iOS app called tourist police, the UI is bad but gives you the ability to call police, find a police station and get travel alerts

Jae from Singapore

Hello Shant,

Here's a trip report I created for travel apps that I've found useful for travelling through Thailand: http://traveljetpack.com/thailand-travel-apps-guide/

I definitely recommend that you pick up a local sim card and subscribe to an internet plan so that you can use these apps to their fullest extent. Thailand is one of the few countries that blocks google map downloads so you will need to be connected to the internet to use that.. Have a great trip! 

Duyen from Hội An

Justgola app is a must. It's a travelling app to plan your trip in the shortest time with all needed information. You just need to insert time, budget and travelling interests and you will get a good plan. I have used this app in my last trip to Bangkok and it worked really good. 

There are several plans from other travel fellow so I can view their itineraries with notes and tips. This app is also pretty though.

This is my plan to Bangkok, you can take it for consideration.