Javier
Zaragoza

Javier from Zaragoza asked

Good restaurants and real experiences in Bangkok

Hello, I would be grateful for information about good restaurants, shopping, amusement places and real  experiences that could be done in Bangkok

The trip is in August.
Thank you very much

Bangkok

Dennis from Copenhagen

Hi Javier, regarding restaurants I would recommend to try all from street food (which is often the most authentic) to top end restaurants (A LOT cheaper than in Europe), I myself have plans to visit Sra Bua (Sra Buaand Bo Lan (Bo Lan) which should be some really good experiences.

Amusements and experiences depends a lot on what you're into? I myself like to walk around, take a river boat or the local bus and suck in the city and the everyday life of the locals. But there's a lot of (tourist)places to go and visit, e.g. The Grand Palace, The Wat Saket, Khao San Road, Muay Thai at the Lumpinee Boxing Stadium etc.

Have a good trip!

Javier
Thak you very much, a very good information

1. Sra Bua (restaurant)
  2. Bo Lan (restaurant)
  3. Grand Palace (attraction)
  4. Wat Saket (attraction)
  5. Khao San Road (attraction)
  6. Lumpinee Boxing Stadium (attraction)
Jodi from Funchal

For food, I always recommend Jarrett Wrisley's Soul Food Mahanakorn, a quick walk from the sky train's Thong Lor stop.  Great food and great drinks, with a sister resto (APPIA) that opened more recently.

Javier
great answer, thank you

1. Soul Food Mahanakorn (restaurant)
  2. APPIA (restaurant)
Nam from Bangkok

For up scale Thai restaurants, there are more places to go than ever. the new and interesting are Siam Wisdom,The Never Ending Summer.

Supanniga Eating Roomand Paste Bangkokare nice too.

Javier
good tip, thanks

1. Siam Wisdom (restaurant)
  2. The Never Ending Summer (restaurant)
  3. Supanniga Eating Room (restaurant)
  4. Paste Bangkok (restaurant)
Nattanit from Thailand

There are some nice places that we love to hang out with friends, such as Siam ParagonSiam DiscoveryCentral WorldMBK Center They're large shopping mall that you can find nice restaurants, coffee shops, cinemas, shops, or souvenir shops. You can go every places by walking. 

There is also a nice and cheap shopping market called Pratunam Market that you can go there by motorcycle or bus. 

Hope my answer can helps you. :)

Javier
thanks, good tips

1. Siam Paragon (attraction)
  2. Siam Discovery (attraction)
  3. Central World (attraction)
  4. MBK Center (attraction)
  5. Pratunam Market (attraction)
Tracy from Sioux City

If you want a very cool dining experience (though not cheap) visit Sirocco at the lebua at State Tower Absolutely amazing view (and the food's not too bad either :)

Great suggestion, Tracy! Yes, that view is amazing!

1. Sirocco (restaurant)
  2. lebua at State Tower (hotel)

Hi, Javier,

For me, one of the "realest" places in Bangkok was the Little India area. It is NOT for you if you don't like crowds and/or get antsy in congested areas but it's a pretty fascinating, somewhat gritty neighborhood that I really found to be a highlight of my trip. 

Even though it's a tourist attraction, don't miss the reclining Buddha at Wat Pho. It really was one of the most extraordinary things I think I've ever seen in my life. I know this is an incredibly dissatisfying answer but the best meals I had were actually at the mall. There's a restaurant at the Siam Center called Midtown Thai Bistro And Wine Bar that's absolutely great and very cheap. I ate there several times and was never disappointed. 

Have a great time--it's an amazing city!!!

Javier
good tips, thank you

1. Little India (restaurant)
  2. Wat Pho (attraction)
  3. Siam Center (attraction)
  4. Midtown Thai Bistro And Wine Bar (restaurant)

Hi, Javier,

For me, one of the "realest" places in Bangkok was the Little India area. It is NOT for you if you don't like crowds and/or get antsy in congested areas but it's a pretty fascinating, somewhat gritty neighborhood that I really found to be a highlight of my trip. Tons and tons of stores and restaurants and endless hustle and bustle. 

Even though it's a tourist attraction, don't miss the reclining Buddha at Wat Pho. It really was one of the most extraordinary things I think I've ever seen in my life. I know this is an incredibly dissatisfying answer but the best meals I had were actually at the mall. There's a restaurant at the Siam Paragon called Midtown Thai Bistro And Wine Bar that's absolutely great and very cheap. I ate there several times and was never disappointed. 

Javier
thanks a lot

1. Little India (restaurant)
  2. Wat Pho (attraction)
  3. Siam Paragon (attraction)