Melissa
St. John's, Newfoundland

Banff

Where's a great spot for lunch in Banff?

I'm going to be visiting Alberta for the first time soon and most likely I'll be making a day trip to Banff. I seem to think that the town may have some great eats but I have no idea where. Can anyone recommend something?

Kenin from Florida

When we were in Banff we didn't have lunch in town since we were out on hikes during the day. I can tell you that the  Grizzly House Restaurant and  Banff Avenue Brewing Co. were both solids for dinner. 

1. Grizzly House Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Banff Avenue Brewing Co. (attraction)

Nancy from Alberta

There are so many great restaurants in Banff it is really hard to narrow down.

Some of my favorites include: The Bison Restaurant & Lounge, Balkan Restaurant, Coyotes Deli and Grill, The Eddie Burger + Bar and the Rundle Lounge at The Fairmont Banff Springs.

Have a great time in Banff!

1. The Fairmont Banff Springs (hotel)
  2. Rundle Lounge (attraction)
  3. The Eddie Burger + Bar (restaurant)
  4. Coyotes Deli and Grill (restaurant)
  5. Balkan Restaurant (restaurant)
  6. The Bison Restaurant & Lounge (restaurant)

Peter

If you're in Banff, AB, Canada you've got to have steak, go to  Melissa's Restaurant & Bar on Lynx Street, no frills just good honest Canadian food and not overpriced like some places on main street

1. Banff, AB, Canada (attraction)
  2. Melissa's Restaurant & Bar (restaurant)

Marcia from Sao Paulo

If you like japanese food, go to the Japanese Restaurant Miki, in Banff Ave, inside the Inns of Banff Hotel. 

1. Japanese Restaurant Miki (restaurant)

Mark from Nelson (Canada)

Depends on your budget and tastes but Maple Leaf Grille is fantastic..alittle upscale with a very nice atmosphere. Healthy choices. Also Coyotes Deli and Grill is very good..not as pricey but amazing food choices with lots of healthy options. If you want just a great pub atmosphere with incredible food... Melissa's Restaurant & Bar is banff icon. Steaks are incredble.

1. Maple Leaf Grille (attraction)
  2. Coyotes Deli and Grill (restaurant)
  3. Melissa's Restaurant & Bar (restaurant)

Gabrielle from Edmonton

I have a few Banff favourites!

1. Squish Sandwich Cellar is right on main street and makes delicious, gigantic sandwiches.  Anything from smoked salmon to italian to reuben.  It has a cozy cafe style atmosphere with limited seating - better for a quick lunch stop.
  2. Balkan Restaurant, also on main street, is great for a fancier meal.  Authentic greek food with a great wine selection - my favourite dishes are the calamari and the lamb.  This might make for a better dinner stop, but it is one of the best restaurants in town, in my opinion.
  3. The Bear Street Tavern lives up to its claim of making the best pizza in Banff.  I would argue it is the best pizza in Alberta!  The pizzas are gourmet, thin crust, tonnes of variety!  Also boasts a creative drink menu.  This is a great lunch or dinner spot and always seems to be very busy!

Enjoy your trip!

1. Squish Sandwich Cellar (restaurant)
  2. Balkan Restaurant (restaurant)
  3. The Bear Street Tavern (restaurant)

Big fans of pub food so we enjoy the Elk & Oarsman Restaurant & Pub (great roof top patio) or St James's Gate Irish Pub

1. Elk & Oarsman Restaurant & Pub (restaurant)
  2. St James's Gate Irish Pub (restaurant)

Shevaughn from Calgary

I love the sandwiches Squish Sandwich Cellar they come with delicious pickles, coleslaw and potato chips, $10-15, smoked salmon, montreal smoked meat, rueben...

1. Squish Sandwich Cellar (restaurant)