Mollie
Perth

Banff, Lake Louise

Where is the better place to stay in ski season- Lake Louise or Banff?

I am going skiing in February at Lake Louise, and I am trying to decide whether to book my accommodation at Lake Louise or in Banff. Which would you recommend in regards to facilities, activities etc. for someone in their twenties?

Michel from Antibes

No question for me.  If you are in your twenties and want to enjoy some après-ski, Banff is the place.  You can easily access  Lake Louise Ski ResortSunshine Village Ski & Snowboard Resort and  Norquay ski areas (Norquay being a local hill with nice, steep terrain).  Sunshine Village is great!  In all cases, you'll need to get in your car or take a bus to the hill.  I would not recommend staying directly at the hills as being in town is much more fun.  Enjoy the snow!

1. Banff (city)
  2. Lake Louise Ski Resort (attraction)
  3. Sunshine Village Ski & Snowboard Resort (attraction)
  4. Norquay (attraction)

Elaine from Brandon City

Stay in the town of Banff if you want better access to shopping, bars and restaurants.  You can take a shuttle bus to Lake Louise still if you want.  I love Sunshine Mountain Lodge though which is a short drive outside of Banff.  You will love it (as do many other Aussies, we always meet lots there that come to Canada to work and ski!)

1. Banff (city)
  2. Lake Louise (attraction)
  3. Sunshine Mountain Lodge (attraction)

Kenin from Florida

Banff is the bigger of the 2 areas and definitely has a lot more to offer in terms of accommodations and non-ski related activities. However, if you are planning on skiing at Lake Louise primarily, you may want to stay there since the two places are about 35 minutes apart by car. 

Mobile