Julie

Bali

accommodation

Hi

we are 4 people who will be staying for 3 weeks in Bali from Nov 13th 2017.  Should we book a couple of nights accommodation before we arrive in Bali or would it be safe enough to take a chance and find somewhere when we arrive.  We understand most 'backpackers will stay in the Kuta beach area. Is this correct? do you have any other suggestions, we do plan to visit other parts of the island too.

Are pre paid currency cards a good idea in Bali or should we stick with cash?

thank you in advance

Claudia from New York City

Hi Julie,

I've answered a similar question from another Trippy user and you can follow this link to the answer on where to stay when in Bali: http://www.trippy.com/question/Bali-Best-towns--and-hotels-to-stay-in-Bali-Indonesia-during--February-6-10

I suggest getting your accommodation before arrival since you're staying for 3 weeks, and the dates run into December, the travel peak season in Bali. Good accommodation tends to get booked early.

Credit cards are widely accepted in restaurants and cafes where tourists tend to congregate. However, it is essential to have enough cash for transportation and to eat at places that don't take credit cards. I'm not familiar with prepaid currency cards. We used our American debit card to get cash at the ATM machines and there were no issues at all.

1. Bali (island)

Zach from Quakertown

Hi Julie,

Yes as Claudia said since you're running into December you should book some stuff in advance. Also, some cash is for sure important to have on hand. As for Kuta I stay out of there as much as I can. Go further North or South. I like the Canggu area although it's really starting to get developed it's much much nicer than Kuta and only 30 mins further. Get off the airplane get in a taxi and get out of Kuta!  ;)

1. Canggu (neighborhood)
  2. Kuta (neighborhood)