Antica
Zagreb

Antica from Zagreb asked

What to visit in Bali? Where to stay?

Where to stay in Bali - one place or different places? I am interested in visiting and also want to enjoy at the beach?

Should we rent a car or go on organized tours? Need as much information as possible as we are planning our stay there.

Bali

Aditya from Bali

Hi Antica!

I would be able to help you futher if you provide some information about your length of stay in Bali and the number of people you are travelling with. 

In the meantime, I will provide you with minor informations:

Here is a list of Bali's top areas():

• Seminyak: Considered Bali's playground for tourist. You can find Bali's best restaurants, bars, spas, cafes, hotels, villas and nightclub in Seminyak. A must visit for any traveller. 
  • Jimbaran: Jimbaran is famous for it's seafood experience on the beach(literally), private villas and 5 star resorts. 
  • Kuta: Kuta was considered Bali's most popular area. Similarly to Seminyak, it provides identical facilities to Seminyak at cheaper rates. Kuta is popular for the its beach, water theme park, nightclubs, spas and budget hotel.
  • Nusa Dua Beach Benoa: Is Bali's destination for water sports and 4-6  star family resorts. If you want watersports, nice beach, sunbathing and etc, this is your spot!
  • Ubud: If you've seen pictures of rice paddies, temples, balinese arts and custom, cheeky monkies, then its probably. Ubud is Bali, Bali is Ubud. A must visit!

I would reccomend travelling across Bali with a driver, which cost around Rp.450,000-750,000a day (roughly $45-75 US dollar) depending on your choice of car and driver. Drivers are well knowledge about activities, restaurants, hotels, villas and tours. I suggest finding a driver beforehand in facebook group. Find the group called "Ubud Community" and request a driver and contacts, you will definetly get a lot of offer and people offering cheaper rates (because they will compete for you!). Many travellers actually sticks with one driver everytime they visit Bali, a good way to make friends with the local.

It is possible to visit all the place mention above and several others within 3 days. You can discover most parts of Bali in less than 1 week.

If you have any more question, let me know! :)

Antica
Thank you very much for your explanation. I am coming with my husband on 1st April for 10 days. I am sure we will take your suggestions.

Antica
Thank you once again. I am now trying to book a hotel. Can you suggest a nice place near the sea, middle range price but with sea view if possible. It can be a bungallow or similar, not a huge hotel. Can you suggest how to come in contact with drivers. Is it a good idea to stay first 5 days on the coast, then 3 days in Ubud, and finally do the tour to East Java. I was told it is very nice there. Are there organized tours and how long are they? Thank you for your answer.

1. Seminyak (city)
  2. Jimbaran (attraction)
  3. Kuta (neighborhood)
  4. Nusa Dua Beach (attraction)
  5. Benoa (attraction)
  6. Ubud (city)
Yoga from Singaraja

Hi Antica the right place for you you may visit Seminyak it near from the beach. Following beautiful beaches are Pandawa BeachPadang Padang Beach

My name is yoga im Balinese, im tour organizer providing taxi and tour guide.   

Antica
Hi Yoga, Thank you. How can I contact you when I arrive or even earlier. Send me your e mail and phone number

Yoga
Hii thanks for replying Antica,, Email : kadekyogaantara@yahoo.co.id No/whatsapp +6287861984833

1. Seminyak (city)
  2. Pandawa Beach (attraction)
  3. Padang Padang Beach (attraction)
Zach from Quakertown

Canggu is a really cool place and The Chillhouse - Bali Surf and Bike Retreat there is awesome. I've stayed there a few times and it's a really cool place with tons of activity options.

Liv from Cape Cod

Kuta is one of (if not the best) places to stay in Bali. The best beach i've ever been to was in Kuta. 

It depends what you're into. If you like more structured, organized vacations then go with a tour. If you like to wander on your own, the obviously you're better without. I think you'd be fine without a tour though. You'll find plenty to do!

1. Kuta (neighborhood)