Hi Mike, here are a few suggestions to get you started...
- White water rafting can be done near Ubud, if you are after a little more activity
- Take a Balinese Cooking Class, not only do you learn how to make some great dishes, but you get to taste some of the best food you will try in Bali, and they generally also do a local market tour which is really interesting
- Visit the Ubud Market (Corner of Jalan Raya Ubud and Monkey Forrest Road)
- Do a bicycle tour through the traditional villages surrounding Ubud. There is a tour that includes a visit to the mountains and coffee plantation too. This is a great way to see an authentic side to Bali.
- Eat at Cafe Wayan, Ibu Oka for suckling pig, and Sari Organik Penestanan
- Visit Tegalalang Rice Terraces
- Get a massage (Murnis is great)
Find out more about Ubud here.
- Hire a private driver and explore the beaches of Uluwatu. Padang Padang beach and Balangan Beach are both beautiful beaches. Others to try would be Finn's Beach Club, where you pay to get in, but they also have a nice restaurant on the beach, where you could spend the day. Uluwatu Beach is popular for surfing, but it's still nice just to have a look as it's pretty unique.
- Visit Uluwatu, a temple on the cliffs of Uluwatu, with lots of monkeys and they also do the kecak fire dance in the evening.
- Have a seafood dinner on the beach in Jimbaran. There are three sections of restaurants, north, south and middle. We prefer the south, which is in between the InterContinental Bali Resortand Four Seasons Resort Bali At Jimbaran Bay. While you're here, leave room for roasted corn, there is a food cart on the beach and it's delicious.
- Take a day trip to Seminyak, explore the streets, eat at some amazing restaurants (Mama san, Motel Mexicola, Sardine or Made's Warung for a more laid back feel), have a drink at the beach bars (KU DE TA and Potato Head Beach Club Bali are both good).
- Get a massage...
- Check out the early morning Jimbaran Seafood Markets
- Have a look at the local Jimbaran fresh produce market
- Have a drink and watch the sunset at Rock Bar at Ayana Resort. This is really touristy, but it's also nice to do.
- Eat some delicious traditional Balinese food at Bumbu Bali 1 Restaurant in Tanjung Benoa (worth the drive).
Find out more about Jimbaran here.
Let me know if you have any more questions. Have a great time in Bali!