Dandy
Jakarta, Indonesia

Bali

Favorite place to go in Bali

Where is your favorite place to go in Bali?  Looking for ideas!

Daniel from Chicago

There are so many great places to visit in Bali. Here's one:

My wife and I stayed in a hotel by Ubud. (Alila Ubud). We took a shuttle to the center of town. Ubud is a great little town with a ton to do and see. We got dropped off at the Ubud Market and bought some souvenirs. Everything from counterfeit Ray Bans to Wall Art for our new apartment back in Chicago. You can walk around this market for hours.

It was getting late. So, we decided to get some food. We found a great little outdoor restaurant. We got some local Balinese food and washed it down with our new favorite beer, Bintang (I bought a Bintang tank top at the Market). The food was great and very cheap.

When we left the restaurant, we didn't know what to (maybe go back to the hotel?). Instead, we heard some live music coming from the bar just across the street. We ended up sitting (drinking a dozen Bintangs) and listening to a local Balinese dude sing everything from the Beatles to John Mayer to the Foo Fighters. Amazing.

There was a cab driver sitting outside the bar, he drove us back to our hotel. Awesome night. Simple. There is so so so much more to do in Ubud, but that was 1 night during our stay there.

1. Alila Ubud (hotel)
  2. Ubud Market (attraction)

Arnette from Los Angeles

Definitely go for a drink at Potato Head Beach Club Bali. It's more of a splurge type place but the vibe is awesome. Get a bed lounger, order some cocktails and watch the sunset. 

I also recommend Bikufor food. It's across the street on Petitenget. 

Definitely go to Ulu Watu. Go to the temple and watch the Kecak dance as well as watch the big wave surfers! I made a video here: http://bit.ly/kecakbali

Need more Bali tips? 

Here are some Bahasa words and phrases that will help your Bali trip: http://bit.ly/bahasabali

Balinese food: http://bit.ly/BaliFood

1. Potato Head Beach Club Bali (attraction)
  2. Biku (restaurant)
  3. Bali (island)

Teodora from Chicago

My few of my  favorite experiences in  Bali were hiking the Tegallalangrice paddy palace, climbing Batur to watch the sunrise  and watching the sunset during dinner in Jimbaran bay.  Make sure to bring gym shoes during the rice paddy hike. The paths can be slippery but the views are amazing!

1. Bali (island)
  2. Tegallalang (city)
  3. Batur (attraction)
  4. Jimbaran (attraction)

Sarah from Global Gypsy

Go to the Gili Getaway!! They are pure paradise, just a bus and boat journey from Bali. Amazing for scuba diving also

1. Gili Getaway (attraction)