Jillian

Jillian from Los Angeles asked

Coming from US: how many days should I spend in Bali?

One of my friends is doing a RTW trip, and I'm going to meet her in Bali. She will be there for a month in June. I'll be flying from Los Angeles - how many days do you recommend I stay for a first timer? Is a week too short? Two weeks too long? Why?

Thanks Trippy :)

Bali (Indonesia)

David from Júzcar

Hello Jillian, 

As noted, it is a long flight and a big time difference from the USA.  At least 10 days if not two weeks.  Not only are there beaches in Bali; the interior of the island is well worth exploring and you'll find Bali is rather big.  Ubud, a hill village, has many terraced rice paddies (super green) and local art worth seeing.  I don't know the rest of Bali but I understand there are some gorgeous water falls with places to swim.

Veronica from West Covina

Hi, one week would be too short since the flying to get there takes about 20 hours or so, and you will arrive one day later due to the time difference between LA to Bali is 15 hours now but in the winter is 16 hours. So, I would recommend at least 10 days. In Bali, itself, you could go to many beaches, not just one or two. Here' a link to those beaches:http://allindonesiatravel.com/best-bali-beaches/

From Bali, you could also go to Lombok, which is also a nice Island to go to, more quieter but not too many restaurants or shops. Here' a link to Lombok Island:http://homeiswhereyourbagis.com/en/15-things-you-should-see-on-lombok/

Hope this helps and have a safe trip.

Alfred

My daughter felt 3 weeks was enough for her to cover what she wanted.

Alexandra from Brussels, Belgium

You will never get bored of Bali, some people go and never go back haha. 

I stayed a bit more than a month and that still wasn't enough. 

You should take at least 2 days in Ubud, 3 days in Uluwatu, 3 days in Canggu, maybe 1 nigh in Kuta ( way cooler people in Canggu and Uluwatu and the clubs in Canggu are amazing - try Deus and pretty poison ). Climbing Mount Batur will take you 2 days ( not the climb but the whole trip to do it ).

Then there's Amed Beach and Singaraja which I haven't done. 

Definitely stay 2 weeks, one is really not enough ! Bali

1. Ubud (city)
  2. Uluwatu (attraction)
  3. Canggu (attraction)
  4. Kuta (neighborhood)
  5. Deus (attraction)
  6. pretty poison (restaurant)
  7. Mount Batur (attraction)
  8. Amed Beach (attraction)
  9. Singaraja (city)
  10. Bali (island)
Jane from Toronto

I would recommend 7-10 days. Start with crazy party places such as Kuta Beach and then move to Ubud to enjoy cycling along rice paddies,to visit monkey forest, to walk, do some yoga and drink enormous amounth of detox smoothies

1. Kuta Beach (attraction)
  2. Ubud (city)
Ben from Alamo, California

2 weeks!!! It will take you just a week to get over jet lag. If you can manage more, do it. There are an insane amount of note worthy locations to check out all over Bali. Plus, you need at least a few days to get a feel for the surf :)