Ram

Ram asked

Best towns and hotels to stay in Bali Indonesia during February 6-10

Any suggestions for a stay in Bali during February 6-10 for a first timer elderly couple and itinerary 

Bali

Wayan

Ubud and Nusa Dua Beach  are two main good town to stay in. Nusa dua is good for its beaches and not too touristy. Bulgari Hotels and Resorts is good to stay in. Ubud is nice for a bit of mountainous area. It is a bit chill in there comparing with nusa dua. Viceroy Bali is a good place to stay in ubud. 

1. Ubud (city)
  2. Nusa Dua Beach (attraction)
  3. Bulgari Hotels and Resorts (hotel)
  4. Viceroy Bali (hotel)
Claudia from New York City

Hi Ram,

It really depends on your budget and what you like to do when visiting Bali. Do you prefer the beach, mountains or rice fields? Each region has different types of beaches with different activities. You get black sand in the north and west and white sand in the south. Some are more suitable for surfing and diving, while others are best for sun-bathers.

In Nusa Dua Beach, many of the hotels are perched on clifftops like Karma Kandara Resort and Banyan Tree Ungasan Hotel. Four Seasons Resort Bali At Jimbaran Bay is an oceanfront property, an ideal place for you if you are looking for luxury and traditional Balinese architecture. For high-end accommodation, I would certainly recommend the Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay. I had dinner at the Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay and wouldn’t mind staying there on my next trip to Bali.

The best beach hotels in Kuta tend to be crowded but cheaper than those in Nusa Dua and Jimbaran. A friend from Singapore stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel Bali located on Kuta Beach and loved it because they had plenty of dining options and were close to the water parks (Waterbom Bali).

I like history and culture, so I chose to stay in Ubud. My family and I stayed at a villa amongst rice fields for a week. The villa was close to Ubud Town Center, so we got to visit Ubud Palace, Ubud Traditional Art Market, checked out the yoga centers, bookstores, restaurants, and museums. If you like luxury hotels, choose the Four Seasons Resort Bali At Sayan in Ubud. Or choose Kamandhani Cottage in Ubud.