Lucy

Bali

Beautiful/peaceful spots in Bali?

Has anyone been to Bali recently and have some tips on day trips to do/places to go? For instance, I'd like to visit a coffee plantation, but nothing too touristy.

Also, any tips on beaches/parks/mountains/temples that will be relatively serene and quiet would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Zach from West Bloomfield Township, Michigan

Tegalalang Rice Patties is awesome!  

Do the Eco Cycling trip...they take you up to volcano which is OK, but the bike ride back to Ubud through villages and rice patties is something you will not forget!  They take you to a coffee plantation too.  

If you go to Uluwatu they have a big temple on a cliff which is cool. While down there you can go to Rock Bar at AYANA Resort and Spa (we stayed there but its pricey).

Ubud is where I would spend most of my time in Bali.  Go to Komaneka at Tanggayuda Hotel. Its a secret gem of this planet and I've been all over the world. Its reasonably priced for what it is...

1. Tegalalang (attraction)
  2. Ubud (attraction)
  3. Uluwatu (attraction)
  4. Rock Bar (restaurant)
  5. AYANA Resort and Spa (attraction)
  6. Komaneka at Tanggayuda (hotel)

Eline from Oirschot

Hey! 

I got a personal tour from a friend that moved from the Netherlands to Bali (Denpasar). He showed us places that are far from touristic (and touristic places as well):

The route was Sanur to Jalan AbadiAbang,Badung, and Karangasem -8.404876, 115.627749 (the coordinates of a temple) to Hotel Uyah Amed & Spa ResortJalan I Ketut NatihSanurAmed BeachKarangasem

The last one is indeed a hotel, but from that beach you can walk into the ocean and view beautiful reefs! 

You should also go to Tanah Lot

If you want the names of the two temples, just ask me! I will try to get the names from the boy that showed me around

1. Denpasar (attraction)
  2. Sanur (attraction)
  3. Jalan Abadi (attraction)
  4. Abang (attraction)
  5. Badung (attraction)
  6. Karangasem (attraction)
  7. Hotel Uyah Amed & Spa Resort (hotel)
  8. Jalan I Ketut Natih (attraction)
  9. Amed Beach (attraction)
  10. Tanah Lot (attraction)

Tristan from Florida

Nusa Dua Retreat and Dream Beach Hut in Nusa Lembongan(about a 25 min boat ride from Sanur). Great spots in Bali

1. Nusa Dua Retreat (attraction)
  2. Dream Beach Hut (hotel)
  3. Nusa Lembongan (island)