Alessandro
Parma, Italy

Alessandro from Parma, Italy asked

Cheapest way to go from Brisbane to Alice Springs? Railway? Car? Airplane?

I am in Sydney, but I have like 10 free days at the end of this month so I would like to visit Brisbane and then move to Alice Springs for a "quick" tour! Can anyone help me find how what the cheapest way to do this would be?

Australia   Brisbane   Alice Springs

Fay from Bendigo

I would fly Brisbane direct to Ayers Rock and spend a couple of days exploring the area and the beautiful sunset/sunrise.  You could then get a coach to Alice Springs via Kings Canyon Resortand experience the vast outback en route.

Alessandro
Thank you Fay! :)

1. Ayers Rock (attraction)
  2. Kings Canyon Resort (hotel)
Lucas

Your only option is flying. There is no train to Alice Springs from Brisbane. All you could do is take a nearly 24h train ride to North Queensland and then a bus ride to Alice Springs. The whole journey would take you nearly 48 hours. The place is REALLY far from Brisbane!! It's like going from LA to Houston in Texas... So no quick route. I'm pretty certain there are direct flights from 

Brisbane but you may find the cheaper flights are connecting in another city. Ayers Rock has also been named the most expensive Australian destination this year, so be ready for high prices. 

Also when coming up to Brisbane do yourself a favour a spend a couple 

Of days on the Gold Coast, visiting Coolangatta,Burleigh Heads, Broadbeach. Amazing beaches, surf, restaurants, shops, amazing beach life and just one hour south of Brisbane.

Alessandro
Thanks so much Lucas :)

1. Alice Springs (attraction)
  2. Brisbane (city)
  3. Queensland (attraction)
  4. Alice Springs (attraction)
  5. Brisbane (city)
  6. Ayers Rock (attraction)
  7. Coolangatta (city)
  8. Burleigh Heads (city)
  9. Broadbeach (city)
Juliana from Las Vegas

That is a long trek to drive since you want a quick tour, but if you're into road trips, go for it!

Fastest way would be to fly but cheapest is taking a train. Flying would take about 3 hours and I think a train ride would be a couple of more. Personally I would go for the train ride, a little more scenic and it's cheaper.

Alessandro
Great tip thanks Juliana