Sam
Wolverhampton

Australia

Whitsundays and Fraser Island Tours - Booking in advance?

I'm going to be travelling the East Coast of Australia between March - May and while I'm there I want to do a group tour of Fraser Island and a Whitsundays sailing trip, probably both during April.

However, as I don't know how long I'll be spending in each town while I'm in the country I don't want to tie myself down yet to doing the tours on a particular date. 

So my main question is, at that time of year, how soon in advance would you suggest I need to book each of these trips? 

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for which companies to use that would be appreciated! I've looked at Cool Dingo Tours and Dropbear Adventures for Fraser Island, both of which appeal, but I'd be interested to hear any first hand experiences and recommendations. 

A bit of information: I'm a 25yo female and will be travelling alone. Money isn't a massive issue although I wouldn't want to spend more on the Fraser Island Tour than the prices quoted by Cool Dingo and Dropbear (about $460). Also, in case it matters, for Fraser Island I want to do a 3D/2N trip rather than anything shorter, and at least 2D/2N for the Whitsundays. 

Thanks!!! 

Rebecca from Manchester

Hey Sam,

The Whitsundays has a ton of tour groups so just booking one or two days before would be no problem at all! There are tons of different tours and companies and a lot of them cover the same stuff, but you definitely want to do one which visits Whitehaven Beach

In terms of Fraser Island, a lot of backpackers will rent a jeep together and see the island that way. At this time of year there will still be tons of backpackers in the hostels so it shouldn't be a problem to meet other people.

1. Whitehaven Beach (attraction)

Mobile