Allison

Australia, Melbourne, Brisbane

Backpacker friendly jobs?

I have been working and living in Melbourne for 6 months on a working holiday visa. I would like to head north to sunshine and beaches next month (July) for at least 3 months. I'm having trouble choosing where to start after ending a trip in Brisbane (I'd prefer not to live in a big city). Does anyone have suggestions for great beach towns that may not be difficult to find work in?

Or just that would be be amazing places to live?

I'm a 20something solo female traveler. Probably just hospitality or childcare work, but I am open to new experiences, adventures, and suggestions!

Thanks:)

Pat from Wellington

The Sunshine Coast has plenty of beaches and is a very quiet feel to it, Almost like a retirement village. Gold Coast is more of a buzzing scene. Both are close to beaches but are completely different ends of the spectrum. Both are away from brisbane but not too far away. you can still go to Brisbane for the weekend. 

1. Sunshine Coast (city)
  2. Gold Coast (city)
  3. Brisbane (city)

Alice

I personally prefer the Sunshine Coast over the Gold Coast. It's so much more relaxed and genuine! But if you like to party you might like the Gold Coast. It's really a matter of taste. I went to both places, and I didn't find it hard to get a job. When go you to job interviews, the employer mustn't feel like you only want to work to earn money and travel around. You must look interested in the job and their company:) If you're looking for advice on how to find a job, I suggest you read this article: Finding a working holiday job in Australia

1. Sunshine Coast (city)
  2. Gold Coast (city)