Josh
Gig Harbor

Josh from Gig Harbor asked

attractions in Austin

Anyone have any ideas about what to see it Austin? I'm headed there for a bachelor party and I've heard it's a great town. Much obliged! 

Austin

Shauna from Santa Monica, California

Try the Cathedral of Junk. Just off W. Elmo Road & South Congress this is a whole lotta junk in the backyard of a man named Vince that become a cultural/city landmark of sorts. Apparently a few years ago the fancy new neighbors tried to shut it down but it seems he prevailed! Definitely worth a look.

I love Roadhouse Relics. If you're into neon & installation art you're in luck. Artist is Todd Sanders. He makes funky, vintage signs with names like Crown, Modern, Fleur de Lys. Worth a look.

West 6th Street - I was here a bunch of years ago for the SXSW Film Fest and had an absolute blast. Loved Austin and the incredibly real and vibrant music and film scene. Great time & a great trip.

Robere
I 2nd 6th street!

Quincy
Definitely 6th Street! You'll enjoy the atmosphere there and the live music. Also, give the Congress Street Bridge a try around dusk. If you're into nature, then you'll be amazed as the bats leave from under the bridge and take to the skies for their nightly feeding. It's kind of creepy and cool at the same time to see 10,000+ bats form a cloud of darkness in the sky as they fly over the city. You can see them for miles.

1. Cathedral of Junk (attraction)
  2. Roadhouse Relics (attraction)
  3. West 6th Street (attraction)
Jerry from Waxahachie

Anything on West 6th Street is a good place to start at night.  If you like comedy - checkout Esther's Follies but you have to get tickets in advance.  An Austin tradition is to see the bats fly out from the Congress Avenue Bridge at dusk (daily).

1. West 6th Street (attraction)
  2. Esther's Follies (attraction)
  3. Congress Avenue Bridge (attraction)