Spencer

Austin

What are the must-eat/drink spots in Austin, Texas?

I'm in Austin for a week in mid-July and I've never been! What are the best places to eat and imbibe at? I most definitely want BBQ, craft beer, and cocktails. Go!

Christine from Austin (Texas)

Best fried chicken you'll find in Austin is Gus's Fried Chicken! Another favorite spot is The Jackalope for some burgers and head to The Wheel after for some great craft beers and cocktails! They have $4 whiskey drinks everyday. 

1. Gus's Fried Chicken (restaurant)
  2. The Jackalope (attraction)
  3. The Wheel (restaurant)

Brittany from Costa Mesa

Dang, I believe you've already made your trip. I hope you were able to try the Salt Lick before you left! 

1. Salt Lick (restaurant)

John from Calbayog

From what I understand The County Line on the Hill Legendary Bar-B-Q has some of the best Texas BBQ around.  I have not eaten there, but I hear they have an All You Can Eat.  My favorite BBQ place is called Rudy's Country Store And Bar-B-Q.   Their brisket and beans are 2 of my favorite there.  I don't know what 'craft' beer is, but they do have beer there in a bottle.  There are lots of places to get BBQ, beer (including 'draft' and cocktails in Austin.  It's like being in LA only they talk better in Texas.

Ranjith from Hyderabad

Check out food trucks for sure on rainey street. Hit up Salt Lick BBQ if you have time, it's a bit of a drive but worth it. Juan In A Million for cheap, delicious food to cure the hangover.

1. Salt Lick BBQ (restaurant)
  2. Juan In A Million (restaurant)