Kristen
Seattle, Washington

Austin, East Riverside - Oltorf

Things to do in East Riverside area of Austin

I booked an AirBnB place off the beaten path in East Riverside Austin - with the place being on Riverside Farms Road. While I've gathered plenty of suggestions for things to do in Downtown/East/Northwest Austin, I'm hoping for suggestions around this part of town. Ideally we would like to walk, but are also open to public transportation and Car2Go.

I think we're pretty easy to please - enjoying eating, drinking, art, live music, nature, museums and anything else of note. We don't have a set budget, but I don't want to do anything too crazy in prices!

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions!

Caleb from Austin (Texas)

Skip the line at Franklin's BBQ and hit up The Blue Ox BBQ I find it pretty damn tasty! BuzzMill (next to Blue Ox) is a cool coffee shop. Just south of Blue OX / BuzzMill is the new Boardwalk. Take a stroll along this walkway into town. You can also catch a show at Emo's which is right around the corner from you. 

PS: I'd rent a bike. It's my favorite way to get around Austin. 

1. The Blue Ox BBQ (restaurant)
  2. BuzzMill (attraction)
  3. Emo's (attraction)

Roger from San Marcos (Texas)

Hi Kristen

Used to live there if you like live music Midway Field House ( former Antone's is there) Also  Baby Baby Acapulco good food & drinks   Other side of  I 35 & Oltorf is Blue Moon Bar & Grill -live music, pub grub.  With all the construction I avoid 6th st but you could cab it one night and check it out..

1. Midway Field House (restaurant)
  2. Baby Acapulco (restaurant)
  3. Blue Moon Bar & Grill (restaurant)