greg
Manhattan Beach

Austin

If I like the restaurant Republique in LA, where would I go in Austin?

I am going to be in town for the F1 in a couple of weeks and am looking for dinner restaurant recommendations.  Something with a fun crowd and great food.  Any thoughts?

David from University City, Missouri

I would head to Sway, it's got a great Austin vibe, you have to wait for a table but 30 mins is about the maximum. I have never not seen the place crowded and it's all at well designed communal square tables, but it's designed to feel intimate anyway. The food is outstanding, chef prepared and comes as it's ready. Get there at 6 on Fridays and you're in, wait until 7:30 and you will drink for a bit on their great patio. Most F1 crowds probably won't find it, and it's down the street from a great dessert place Gourdough's which is served out of an airstream trailer but if you don't mind the wait, and you're not allergic to sugar, you'll perhaps find true heaven. Enjoy your visit.

1. Sway (restaurant)
  2. Gourdough's (restaurant)

Brian from Cedar Park

This is traditional French, right?

If so, the options are a bit limited in Austin, but you might want to look at Justine'sLENOIR Restaurant or Peché.

1. Justine's (restaurant)
  2. LENOIR Restaurant (restaurant)
  3. Peché (restaurant)