Camille

Atlanta, Georgia

Where are the best restaurants in Atlanta to dine solo?

I'll be in Atlanta for my first time on a business trip and know nothing about the food scene here. I'm wondering where are the best restaurants to dine alone? Preferably bar seating with a great wine and food list. Price range would be moderate to expensive. Thanks! 

Scott from Fort Collins

Hello Camille!  I worked in Atlanta in 2013 for a month and there are two places I went back to more than once, that I enjoyed on my own.  The first place is Mary Mac's Tea Room for very tasty southern cuisine.  The other place I really enjoyed was Papi's Cuban & Carribbean Grill For great Carribean and Cuban influenced food.  If you have a little extra time for sightseeing, try not to miss the Georgia Aquarium.  A world class aquarium and a fantastic experience. Hope that helps and safe travels!

1. Mary Mac's Tea Room (restaurant)
  2. Papi's Cuban & Carribbean Grill (restaurant)
  3. Georgia Aquarium (attraction)

J.p.

Depends on where you are. If you are close to the highlands (east side in-town), I'd recommend Sotto Sotto Restaurant, which has great food and wine and seems to be along the lines of what you're looking for. If you want a slightly more social experience, Barcelona Wine Bar & Restaurant is a place where people go to see and be seen. Either way, if your business has a generous expense budget and you would prefer to not done solo, I will never refuse a meal from either of these places. Haha.  

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your stay in Atlanta!

1. Sotto Sotto Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Barcelona Wine Bar & Restaurant (restaurant)

Felix from Atlanta

The biggest factor is going to be your location. Atlanta is a sprawling city with plenty of traffic and you won't want to spend too much time driving around.

If you're in these areas, I recommend:

Midtown: 

• Ecco is a favorite spot of mine. It has a great set of seasonal dishes. It's always reliable and has a great menu and a friendly staff. I prefer eating at the bar instead of the dining room.
  • Empire State South is a great New Southern restaurant. I highly recommend the pimento cheese and bacon marmalade appetizer. The cocktails are great here. 
  • The Lawrence will be a little less crowded than the other ones. It has a smaller bar area but is a friendly place with another seasonal menu. 

West Midtown:

The West Midtown area is a bit removed from typical business districts but is easily accessible via Uber or Lyft. 

• JCT Kitchen & Bar has a good-sized bar area and a good menu of small plate options available. 
  • The OptimistThis is great seafood restaurant. The bar area always has energy since that's where they shuck the oysters. 
  • Taqueria Del Sol is a favorite with locals with a great menu honed down over years of service. It features tacos, enchiladas, and great margaritas. It's a bright and open space. 

1. Ecco (restaurant)
  2. Empire State South (restaurant)
  3. The Lawrence (restaurant)
  4. JCT Kitchen & Bar (restaurant)
  5. The Optimist (restaurant)
  6. Taqueria Del Sol (restaurant)

Tofutti from Fair Lawn

There are so many great places to eat in Atlanta. If you have time, hop on Marta and head over to Decatur (just outside of Atlanta). There are tons of cool shops to check out and you can grab something to eat Iberian Pig.  It's one of my favorite places. They have modern tapas style bites. Enjoy!

1. Iberian Pig (restaurant)

Cyndi

Hi Camille, I spent about a month total in Atlanta in 2014. I mostly stayed in Decatur, and a number of great restaurants were within walking distance of my hotel. My favorite was Leon's Full Service. Also the Iberian Pig, which was probably a bit better when on my own (I like interacting with people at the bar, otherwise I go a bit stir crazy when I spend too much time alone).

1. Decatur (city)
  2. Leon's Full Service (restaurant)
  3. Iberian Pig (restaurant)

Reyna

I would suggest the following... Murphy'sHoleman & Finch Public HouseSt. CeciliaKing + DukeBartaco West MidtownThe Capital GrilleBocado, and Miller Union

I hope this helps!  Enjoy and safe travels to you. 

1. Murphy's (attraction)
  2. Holeman & Finch Public House (restaurant)
  3. St. Cecilia (restaurant)
  4. King + Duke (restaurant)
  5. Bartaco West Midtown (restaurant)
  6. The Capital Grille (restaurant)
  7. Bocado (restaurant)
  8. Miller Union (restaurant)

Linda from United States

4th & Swift on North Ave. Downtown area for food & bar.  Ru San's in Buckhead if you like great sushi in Tower Place. Hotel bars and restaurants in Buckhead are good. The Tavern at Phipps has bar & great food & is always hopping!

1. 4th & Swift (restaurant)
  2. Ru San's (restaurant)
  3. Buckhead (neighborhood)
  4. The Tavern at Phipps (restaurant)

Lauren from Atlanta

I highly recommend you check out Sweet Auburn Curb Market - it houses 24 merchants that sell anything from burritos to BBQ to pralines. You can pop in and grab a meal, sit at a table or meander with your food from place to place. It's quite a unique experience. Mega bonus - it's in the historic Sweet Auburn neighborhood, Martin Luther King Jr.’s boyhood neighborhood. It doesn't get more Atlantan than that.

Learn more: http://www.exploregeorgia.org/listing/4470-sweet-auburn-curb-market

1. Sweet Auburn Curb Market (attraction)