Cameron

Atlanta

What are the coolest hotels in Atlanta?

Surprising my girlfriend and I want to treat us to a cool hotel. What are the best hotels in ATL? Don't sweat the budget. Any good restaurants nearby too?

Jenna from Providence

Hey Cameron! 

I've been to Atlanta a few times and thought the places I stayed at were pretty unique and trendy. 

Loews Atlanta Hotel- Super swanky. There was a TV in the bathroom and I thought that was the coolest thing ever. I was here for business and the staff was SO accommodating and friendly. You can tell this is a newer hotel, the rooms were much more modern. There was a huge open window that looked over midtown which I loved. If you decide to stay there, I loooooved South City Kitchen, there's some real southern food cooked there. I felt like I ordered everything on the menu. It's right up the street!

The Artmore Hotel was one of the best boutique hotels i've ever stayed in. I didn't want to leave. There's a heavy Spanish influence that almost made me feel like I was in another country. Again, great staff and the rooms were beautiful, I felt like I was in an apartment, my own home. Even the bar was beautiful. 

1. Loews Atlanta Hotel (hotel)
  2. South City Kitchen (restaurant)
  3. Artmore Hotel (hotel)

Talia from Boston

The Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection is definitely one of the town’s hippest hotels. The Artmore Hotel or W Atlanta - Buckhead are both really nice hotels. Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown in Midtown is pretty trendy and look into the The Georgian Terrace Hotel.

1. Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection (hotel)
  2. Artmore Hotel (hotel)
  3. W Atlanta - Buckhead (hotel)
  4. Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown (hotel)
  5. The Georgian Terrace Hotel (hotel)

Rachel from Atlanta

It all depends on what you have in mind for your surprise. There are lots of cute, boutique hotels (Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, The Ellis Hotel, Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown) that will have smaller, cozy rooms and will be near tourist attractions. The restaurants near (within walking distance) of these hotels leave a good bit to be desired, but the views can be nice.

If you want the touristy part of town (Downtown), I recommend Hyatt Regency Atlanta or The Westin Peachtree Plaza. Both are historic Atlanta landmarks and are quite impressive to experience. Again, the amenities nearby are so-so and definitely geared toward traditional tourist activities. The exceptional restaurants in this area are Morton's The Steakhouse and White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails

In midtown, The Georgian Terrace Hotel is an historic option and is right across the street from The Fox Theatre. The hotel restaurant, Livingston Restaurant & Bar, is quite good. I've heard mixed reviews about the quality of the hotel itself, but the total package of the location can be a fun experience.

Also in midtown, the Artmore Hotel offers a cool, boutique hotel experience and has a bit more going on within walking distance (decent restaurants on Crescent Ave NE, including South City Kitchen, Lure, and Ecco, and both the High Museum of Art and Atlanta Symphony Orchestra are nearby). The W Atlanta - Midtown is also in this area and is just off Piedmont Park. Hotel-wise, it can be heavy-handed. I prefer hotels that are a bit more understated for my dollar.

My number 1 pick would be Hyatt Atlanta Midtown. It's brand new and absolutely beautiful. Hyatts never let me down, and this one doesn't disappoint. It's also just a few blocks from some great restaurants and nightlife (Fado Pubs Inc, Laughing Skull Lounge, 10th & Piedmont, STK Atlanta).

If you want to go all-out swank, The St. Regis Atlanta is arguably the finest hotel in the city. You'll get a full on luxury experience (and you'll pay for it). And it's just a few blocks from Atlanta's version of "Rodeo Drive" and some amazing restaurants (Chops Lobster Bar, King + Duke, 103 West, St. CeciliaSouthern Art Restaurant, etc.). InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta is my preferred property in Buckhead. It has the luxury with less of the
 fuss, and it's in a great location.

I hope this helps! Have a great stay!

2. The Ellis Hotel (hotel)
  3. Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown (hotel)
  4. Hyatt Regency Atlanta (hotel)
  5. The Westin Peachtree Plaza (hotel)
  6. Morton's The Steakhouse (restaurant)
  7. White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails (restaurant)
  8. The Georgian Terrace Hotel (hotel)
  9. The Fox Theatre (attraction)
  10. Livingston Restaurant & Bar (attraction)
  11. Artmore Hotel (hotel)
  12. Crescent Ave NE (attraction)
  13. South City Kitchen (restaurant)
  14. Lure (restaurant)
  15. Ecco (restaurant)
  16. High Museum of Art (attraction)
  17. Atlanta Symphony Orchestra (attraction)
  18. W Atlanta - Midtown (hotel)
  19. Hyatt Atlanta Midtown (hotel)
  20. Fado Pubs Inc (restaurant)
  21. Laughing Skull Lounge (attraction)
  22. 10th & Piedmont (attraction)
  23. STK Atlanta (attraction)
  24. The St. Regis Atlanta (hotel)
  25. Chops Lobster Bar (restaurant)
  26. King + Duke (restaurant)
  27. 103 West (restaurant)
  28. St. Cecilia (restaurant)
  29. Southern Art Restaurant (restaurant)
  30. InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta (hotel)

Nick from Joliet, Illinois

W Atlanta - Downtown.  They have three locations, which are all different. W Atlanta - Midtown by Piedmont park and has several nightlife spots.  W Atlanta - Buckhead is walking distance from 2 major malls. Quinones at Bacchanalia and Davio's Northern Italian Steakhouse are very good restaurants.

1. W Atlanta - Downtown (hotel)
  2. W Atlanta - Midtown (hotel)
  3. W Atlanta - Buckhead (hotel)
  4. Quinones at Bacchanalia (restaurant)
  5. Davio's Northern Italian Steakhouse (restaurant)

Daren from Atlanta

Artmore Hotel is a really nice place to stay. A lot of weddings take place here that's how nice it is and close walking distances to some good spots like the Center For Puppetry Arts. If you're looking for a place to eat, Lure is one of the best seafood restaurants in the city. 

If you're looking for something strange and unusual, check out The Highland Inn... it's definitely something to see. Rooms haven't been updated since 1972.

Budget not an issue? Stonehurst Place. Really nice B&B, I heard rooms are booked months in advance so look into it now. An awesome restaurant close by is Mary Mac's Tea Room, a classic southern spot. 

1. Artmore Hotel (hotel)
  2. Center For Puppetry Arts (attraction)
  3. Lure (restaurant)
  4. The Highland Inn (hotel)
  5. Stonehurst Place (hotel)
  6. Mary Mac's Tea Room (restaurant)