Takia
Houston

Atlanta

What are some good activities for children to do in Atlanta?

I am driving from Houston, TX to Pennsauken, NJ and we plan to stop in Atlanta on the way. What are some good activities for a 2 and year old girls? We will be there on June 14th or 15th.

Laura from Atlanta

If you are open to spending some money as well as time the Georgia Aquarium and World of Coca-Cola are good spots. The Atlanta Botanical Gardenis beautiful and gives kids room to run around and the children's garden/play area has just been updated. Free and fun is Centennial Olympic Parkand the playground adjacent to it.

1. Georgia Aquarium (attraction)
  2. World of Coca-Cola (attraction)
  3. Atlanta Botanical Garden (attraction)
  4. Centennial Olympic Park (attraction)

Amanda from Atlanta

The Georgia Aquarium is wonderful!  It is huge and has a large tunnel of glass that you walk through (or stand on the people mover), and the fish, sharks, etc. swim above you.  The rest of the aquarium is great, too.  

We have also enjoyed the Center For Puppetry Arts and the Imagine It! The Children's Museum of Atlanta .  The Children's Museum is within walking distance of the Aquarium, with a nice playground in between.

1. Georgia Aquarium (attraction)
  2. Center For Puppetry Arts (attraction)
  3. Imagine It! The Children's Museum of Atlanta (attraction)

When I was in Atlanta, I was by myself, but I googled, and found a big list here https://365atlantafamily.com/52-atlanta-activities-for-babies-and-toddlers/#.WTwAdrpFyYk

Some of the things have age limits (4 to 10 years) and some have specific dates (Monday for instance), but you should be able to find something there.

1. Atlanta (city)