Melanie
Fairhope

Atlanta

Must Do and Eat in Atlanta

A group of 4 girlfriends are meeting up in Atlanta for a weekend. I prefer to base my travel on great food and fun sites. Please give me some much see/do/eat places in Atlanta. I have never been and it's not at the top of my "Must Visit" list but it's a weekend away from my kids with my best girls, so I am not picky. Also need some great spots for a drink or glass of wine. 

THanks!

Cheryl

Can't speak to the best drink spots, though there are many options here, I know. You might try Decatur for a girls' getaway. Lots of trendy, indie shops on the square plus cool festivals depending on the weekend you're here. 

If you want to see artsy, hipster Atlanta, you should visit the oddly industrial The Goat Farm (Hunger Games 2 film site), maybe catch a show, and swing by nearby Westside Provisions District for posh shopping and the most divine ice cream you'll ever taste at Jenni's.  

Of course, OTP (outside the perimeter), you have Roswell (Georgia), which has amazing food, a cool historic section and an active art and music scene. The city's best international food is along Buford Highway.  

You probably know about the zoo, botanical garden, aquarium, World of Coke, etc. In my opinion, they're not really worth the ticket price, but they're options, too. 

Hope that helps a little and that someone chimes in with wine/drink recommendations.

1. Decatur (city)
  2. The Goat Farm (attraction)
  3. Westside Provisions District (attraction)
  4. Roswell (Georgia) (city)