Sarah
Seattle

Atlanta

Best music venues in Atlanta?

What's the go-to venue to hear some live music? Preferably some places where I can just spontaneously drop in, whether it's free or where I can pay at the door. I love catching shows when I travel!

Ross from Fort Collins

I was on the road for ten years in a band and I loved Smith's Olde Bar all the other answers are just a click away lol, but smiths is unique and they treat the musicians very well. If you go and check it out, go out side and walk to the back and see or watch were the bands load in and you will feel my pain for having a 56 piece percussion kit!

1. Smith's Olde Bar (restaurant)

Rachel from Atlanta

i'm sad no one's yet mentioned The EARL, which is grungy, divey, and welcomes cash at the door, every thing you want in music venue. 

i also absolutely love Terminal West and am always excited when a band i like is booked there. 

i've heard Drunken Unicorn is fantastic but haven't had a chance to go there myself. 

i second Smith's Olde Bar and Variety Playhouse. i've seen some of my favorite shows there. 

have a great time!

1. The EARL (attraction)
  2. Terminal West (attraction)
  3. Drunken Unicorn (attraction)
  4. Smith's Olde Bar (restaurant)
  5. Variety Playhouse (restaurant)

Caroline from Atlanta

Lots to love! Eddie's Attic is an institution that has seen some of the country's best acts before they were big. The Masquerade always has something going on and Tabernacle is a beautiful venue in an old church. For more low key music scenes, try Blind Willie's or Variety Playhouse.

1. Eddie's Attic (attraction)
  2. The Masquerade (restaurant)
  3. Tabernacle (attraction)
  4. Blind Willie's (attraction)
  5. Variety Playhouse (restaurant)

Amy from Atlanta

1. Tabernacle (attraction)
  2. Eddie's Attic (attraction)
  3. Variety Playhouse (restaurant)

Sam from Atlanta

The Variety Playhouse and Eddie's Attic are the best places to catch smaller bands in Atlanta

1. Variety Playhouse (restaurant)
  2. Eddie's Attic (attraction)