Shri Hari

Athens, Santorini, Mykonos

Greece Honeymoon from March 20 to 28! is it a good time?

i am from India, already made my bookings, now im regretting why i did it, coz i have heard both islands are closed , it will be very dull and due to winter i wont be even able to swim, there will be no parties in mykonos,

20 to 22 in athens

22 to 24 in mykonos

24 to 27 in santorini

PLEASE HELP SOMEONE FROM GREECE 

Jen from Los Angeles

Hi there! Congrats on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon trip! 

While I don't live in Greece, I've been there a handful of times over the last couple of years so I wanted to provide some insight. 

As far as the dates and selections you chose, you'll be fine in Athens. If you can head out of Athens for a day before you fly to the islands, explore the ancient site of Delphi(after exploring Athens first, of course!) as it is about two hours away from Athens but well worth it for the experience. There are always tour companies that offer small or large group tours to this site. 

Also, both Santorini and Mykonos are two of the most popular islands for tourists, so while they likely won't have every single spot open during your visit as they would during high season in summer, they will still have people and things will start to pick up towards the end of the month. It may not be total beach season but the islands are always gorgeous. For Santorini, if you book your hotel in or near Fira (Oia is also nice but Fira is where it is typically busiest with places open) you'll have a better chance of lots of shops and restaurants being open. For Mykonos, I stayed at the Belvedere S.A.which was walking now distance to the windmills, Mykonos Town and more. Check out Little Venice and the surrounding areas as those shops and restaurants should be open at the time you're going.  

Safe travels and enjoy your trip!!

1. Greece (attraction)
  2. Delphi (attraction)
  3. Athens (city)
  4. Santorini (island)
  5. Mykonos (city)
  6. Belvedere S.A. (attraction)

Αγάπη

How can an island be closed? :) You will surely have fun here and in Mykonos there are always parties.

Two days in Athens are not enough, but yes, you can spend one day in Aegina, a fabulous little island with a wonderful temple and very good restaurants :)

I am Greek and have live in Athens all my life, but have traveled extensively.

1. Mykonos (city)
  2. Athens (city)
  3. Aegina (city)

Salzino

Hello,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding from me too!

I live in Athens so you have to take my sayings seriously :-)

Since you have only 2 days to spend in Athens, stay in Athens. Delphi is awesome but so so far. Instead you can add one more island, Hydra Beach S.A. which is very close to Athens and very popular.
While in Athens you should visit Acropolis of Athens (and the museum), walk in Plaka where you can enjoy your lunch or dinner. A good idea would be to get the sight seeing bus. By this plan you won't be exhausted.
Mykonos and Santorini are top destinations worldwide. Very good selections for you. I suggest you to hire a car and explore each island at your own. In the Santorini port Santorini Car hire run an offer at this time. Also in Apanemo you can have a suite for honeymooners, with a great view!

Greeks are very friendly and helpful.
Have a nice trip!

1. Athens (city)
  2. Delphi (attraction)
  3. Hydra Beach S.A. (attraction)
  4. Acropolis of Athens (attraction)
  5. Plaka (neighborhood)
  6. Mykonos (city)
  7. Santorini (island)
  8. Apanemo (hotel)