Andy
Wilmington

Aspen

Ideas for romantic hotels in Aspen.

My partner and I are thinking about taking a Valentine’s Day/anniversary trip to Aspen and would like some nice hotel ideas. We’d prefer something cozy in the woods over something modern. Something with a fireplace in the room would be great. Thanks!

Liz from Denver

I think  The Innsbruck Aspen (233 E. Main St., Aspen, CO) might be your spot; the "cozy in the woods" vibe is definitely present.  A lot of places have upgraded from cozy to modern so it's not easily found in hotels & you may find a better fit in renting a condo.  The most recent hotel to upgrade is the  Hotel Jerome, but I don't think it should be overlooked either - it's a fairly exquisite place & it is full of history (plus they have some decent special offers).  You'll have to visit the hotel's attached  J-Bar at Hotel Jerome if you don't stay there.  Oddly enough it's a major local spot. 

1. Hotel Jerome (hotel)
  2. The Innsbruck Aspen (hotel)
  3. J-Bar at Hotel Jerome (attraction)