Where should I got for a 3 week trip In Asia?

Where should I go for a 3 week trip!? What do you think, Thailand or Cambodia and Vietnam? In which I include 5 nights at the end of the trip on a beach!

Asia   Thailand   Cambodia   Vietnam

Laura from Buenos Aires

I spent a month in southeast Asia last year

Bangkok 3 days

Siem Reap 2 days (go there if you can, it's incredible)

Ho Chi Minh City 2 days

Hoi An 2 days

Hanoi 2 days

Hạ Long Bay 2 days / 1 night in a cruise

Sa Pa District 2 days, you'll have to take the night train to go and get back to Hanoi

Kuala Lumpur 3 days

Phuket 1 day

Ao Nang 2 days

Railay Beach 2 days

Chiang Mai 2 days

I absolutely loved every place I visited. It's really cheap and very safe. Enjoy!

2. Siem Reap (city)
  3. Ho Chi Minh City (city)
  4. Hoi An (city)
  5. Hanoi (city)
  6. Hạ Long Bay (attraction)
  7. Sa Pa District (attraction)
  8. Kuala Lumpur (city)
  9. Phuket (city)
  10. Ao Nang (attraction)
  11. Railay Beach (attraction)
  12. Chiang Mai (city)
Teddy from New City, New York

I suggest you go to Thailand and Vietnam

Josh from Baton Rouge

I'm planning a 3 week trip to Thailand and Cambodia at the end of the year.  I have hear d great things about Vietnam as well though.  Just for some ideas, here is our itinerary.

Bangkok - 5 days

Chiang Mai - 5 days

Siem Reap - 3 days

Koh Chang - 6 days

On the way home we have a 22 hour stop over in Hong Kong to meet up with some friends.

I would decide first what beach or island you want to visit, and then work backwards if you want to end your trip that way.  There are so many beaches, so many islands, it can be very overwhelming and confusing.

I chose Koh Chang because the way my flights were I would have to go from Siem Reap to a beach/island.  Koh Chang is nearby and not as touristy.  To get to Phi Phi Islands would have taken several days due to the flights and ferry schedules not matching up well.  I have also heard that post tsunami Phi Phi is very commercial and way too many drunk backpackers.

Keep us updated on your plans!  Happy travels!

2. Chiang Mai (city)
  3. Siem Reap (city)
  4. Koh Chang (island)
  5. Hong Kong (city)
  6. Phi Phi Islands (attraction)
Tiến from Lạng Sơn

With 3 week, you can visit all 3 country in your list. I have familiar to Vietnam, so I suggest you can enjoy the beaches in Vietnam. Vietnam have many beautiful beach that will make you satisfy like Da NangHoi AnPhu Quoc. Choose one of them, then it will make you feel good at the end of tour.

1. Da Nang (city)
  2. Hoi An (city)
  3. Phu Quoc (city)
cao from Paris

I list from top, Laos is the most peaceful country of Asia, then Cambodia with the temple in Siem Reap and finally Thailand. If you still have a little time , passing for 2 days in Hoi An

1. Laos (attraction)
  2. Cambodia (attraction)
  3. Siem Reap (city)
  4. Thailand (attraction)
  5. Hoi An (city)
Radhina from Dubai

I would spend a week in Vietnam traveling from South to North or North to South, taking in HanoiHalong Bay VietnamHueHoi An and Ho Chi Minh City. I did the trip a few years ago mainly by train and it was fantastic. You can always add a beach break near Da Nang.

I would also spend a week in Cambodia, visiting both Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. The temples of Angkor are a must-see if you have the time to visit Cambodia. You can easily travel between the two countries.

Based on how your flights work out, it would also be easy to add a city break in Bangkok with an island beach break somewhere in Thailand. But for a good mix of city sights, natural beauty, history and culinary attractions, these would be my top picks :)

1. Hanoi (city)
  2. Halong Bay Vietnam (attraction)
  3. Hue (city)
  4. Hoi An (city)
  5. Ho Chi Minh City (city)
  6. Da Nang (city)
  7. Phnom Penh (city)
  8. Siem Reap (city)

I'd fly in to Bangkok and home from Ho Chi Minh City if I were you and then visit Kanchanaburi where you have River Gwai, then head over to Angkor Wat in Cambodia and after that down to Phnom Penh. Then from Phnom Penh, go by boat down the Mekong River to tp. Châu Đốc in the Mekong Delta. Super interesting part of Asia. From there you can easily connect down to Phu Quoc island where you have super nice beaches ans still relatively few tourists compared to the crowded beaches in Thailand. And then in the end up to Ho Chi Minh City where you should spend 2-3 days before heading back home.

2. Ho Chi Minh City (city)
  3. Kanchanaburi (city)
  4. Angkor Wat (attraction)
  5. Phnom Penh (city)
  6. tp. Châu Đốc (city)
  7. Phu Quoc (attraction)