Christina
Brisbane

Asia

What is the best airport you've been to during your travels?

If you're travelling from Australia to Europe via Asia, what airport has the most things to do if you have several hours to kill? Is it best to stop in Singapore, Hong Kong, KL, Seoul, Guangzhou, Bangkok? 

I've been through Changi several times 

Things to do in Changi

John from Calbayog

I'm been to the Hong Kong airport a couple of times and it is great.  I hear that the airport in Seoul is one of the best in the world.  I saw pictures of lounges so nice and were for the regular traveler, not a special lounge. The airport in Guangzhou  I was not so impressed with.  Also remember that Singapore is supposedly the cleanest city in the world, so I'm assuming their airport is nice.  I have not been to the other airports or heard anything about them. So, bottom line, if it were me, I'd stay, in order, Seoul, Hong Kong, Singapore.  I hope you have a great time which ever one you decide on.

1. Hong Kong (city)
  2. Seoul (city)
  3. Guangzhou (city)
  4. Singapore (country)

Josh from Baton Rouge

Munich International Airport would be my choice.  It had this really cool car show going on when I went through it.  It also has a mini golf course.  Everything is very updated and clean.

1. Munich International Airport (attraction)

We had several hours in Seoul at Incheon Airport.  We had a blast!  First of all, it has high-end shopping throughout.  But it also has a lot of cultural things to keep you occupied as well.  When we went through, they had actors dressed in traditional garb and would put on performances.  There is a grand piano in the middle that is often accompanied by harpists.  Lastly, there is an area that functions as a sort of hands on museum.  Excellent airport!

1. Seoul (city)

Without a doubt Changi

Incheon International Airport! You'll find not only good food, but string quartets and free art classes to pass time between flights. Oh, and there's actually plenty of seating.

1. Incheon International Airport (hotel)

Nelson Perez

Number one for me is Changi Airport Singapore as you already know. Incheon has lots of comfort freebie such as free shower (nice and clean), sleeping area, free use of PC, massage chair, cultural show, free movie - and free transit tours to choose from 2 hours / 3 hours / 5 hours. Not to mention shopping, a lot of branded stores.

Hong Kong International Airport has almost the same things you can find in Incheon Korea. Visiting city attraction is also an option. 

Both airport is nice and clean. Hope this helps.

1. Changi Airport Singapore (attraction)
  2. Incheon (attraction)
  3. Hong Kong International Airport (attraction)

Laura from Buenos Aires

I loved Kuala Lumpur International Airport, it's impressive. The Bangkok International Airport is also very good. 

1. Kuala Lumpur International Airport (attraction)
  2. Bangkok International Airport (attraction)

Valerie from Cardiff

Changi Airport Singapore No contest. Plus they usually offer tourists a free city tour if you have several hours in between flights.

Rylee from California

for me the best airport with the most stuff to do was in Sydney airport in Australia, but the nicest one i ve been to was in New Zealand 

Sarah from Milwaukee

I love Incheon International Airport! I haven't taken advantage of their free tours (of which there are many - given both by the airport & some of the airlines have their own) of Incheon or Seoul but I'd like to in the future! Every time I go through I make sure to do the handicrafts at their cultural center. They've also expanded their jimjilbang/spa/overnight area recently so I'm excited to see that next time I go through!

Hyunchang from South Korea

Tonco from London

2. Kuala Lumpur (city)
  3. Heathrow Airport (attraction)
  4. Hong Kong International Airport (attraction)

Maria João

I really like Changi Airport Singapore , even though it's big it's still very cozy. The Hong Kong Airport, I feel as if I'm inside a mall, it's nice to pass time, but I think it's not that comfortable compared to Changi!!

2. Hong Kong (city)