Alecia
Kailua Kona

Asia

Vietnam

I am planning a trip to Asia in May and am definitely wanting to go to Philippines and Bali. I'm wanting opinions on what other country(ies) to add to these. My options would be Vietnam and Cambodia or Singapore and maybe Kuala Lumpur. It's a 3 week trip and as of now thinking 5 days in Bali, 8 days in 2 locations in the Philippines. So if we added Cambodia and Vietnam it would be skimping and only going to Hanoi/halong bay and siem reap. Is it worth it without more time and I've heard and read various opinions about the safety of Vietnam and how travelers are treated there. Also opinions on Singapore would be nice? Thanks!

I'm a huge fan of Vietnam. My trip there was more thought-provoking than anywhere else I've been - from the divide between north and south to the presence of Soviet iconography, it gave me a lot to think about. We were treated extremely well there in the north and the south, and we're still in contact with some of the people we met there.

Hanoi was our favorite place ... Halong Bay was pretty cool, but I really enjoyed my experience hiking from homestay to homestay near Sapa far better.