Shannon
Bloomington (Indiana)

Shannon from Bloomington (Indiana) asked

Spas in the Ashland area?

Can anyone recommend a spa or two in the Ashland area? My husband and I are headed to Ashland after seeing our son at school in Portland and I’d love to visit a spa while he golfs. It doesn’t necessarily have to be in Ashland proper. He’s planning on golfing at a couple of courses in the area (I swear he could find a course in space) so all ideas are welcome. 

Ashland (Oregon)

jared from Ashland (Oregon)

Ashland (Oregon) is a cool place.  I've lived here for about 14 years and think you'd love to spend a day hanging out at a spa. The Blue Giraffe Day Spa & Salon is right downtown on the creek in a super sweet location.  That's where I send friends and family and send my wife.  It's pretty swank!  Get your spa on, then walk 50 steps over to Mix Sweet Shop for the best coffee and baked goods in So. Oregon or grab a beer about 20 steps away at Caldera Tap House. They make some really unique and awesome beers! (Food not so great) 

Shannon
Great to get this advice from a long time local. I just looked up Blue Giraffe's menu and it looks great. This set up sounds a little too perfect! I guess I can decide between coffee and beer post-massage. Thank you so much Jared!

Shannon -- not being able to decide between coffee and beer after a spa day = best problem ever ;) Jared, this all sounds awesome! I've been to Ashland in high school and college for the Shakespeare fest. Can't wait to go back and experience these things as an adult!

1. Ashland (Oregon) (attraction)
  2. Blue Giraffe Day Spa & Salon (attraction)
  3. Mix Sweet Shop (restaurant)
  4. Caldera Tap House (attraction)