Ashland (Oregon)

Best free things to do in Ashland (Oregon)?

I'm going to be in Ashland (Oregon) next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Kathy from Ashland, Oregon

I live in Ashland and have a few suggestions:

A fun free thing to do is the Green Show that is performed outside the Oregon Shakespeare Theater before the plays.  It is at 6:45 starting in June.  

There is a lot of hiking available not far from the city.  A few favorite hikes are Grizzly Peak, the Pacific Crest Trail on Mount Ashland and near Hyatt Lake.  

Lithia Park is a wonderful experience with duck ponds, trails and beautiful trees.  There is a bandshell also and beginning around mid June the Ashland City Band gives free performances on Thursday evenings.

There are art galleries around town and Southern Oregon University has an art museum that is free.