Briana asked

Most scenic route and greenways along the way?

We have never been through the Shenandoah Valley or upstate New York and would like to travel there from Asheville NC. We want to end up in Niagra Falls and see some of the great lakes, Adirondac mountains and possibly return a different route.
What is the best route and does anyone have any recomendations for greenways along the way so we can enjoy some bike riding? Thank you.

Asheville (North Carolina) Niagara Falls (Canada)

Matt from Allentown, Pennsylvania
Hi Briana,
I just wrote a lengthy tome that covers most of the route you'd take from Asheville to Niagara Falls. You can read it here.
Once you get to Corning (New York), NY, take I-86 / 390 / 90 to Buffalo/Niagara Falls. Unless you want to explore the Finger Lakes, which I suggest you do!
My sister has biked the Pine Creek Rail Trail through the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania. You could do as much or as little of it as you like. It follows the river so there are no steep grades or hills to climb.
There is also the New River trail State Park, Cliffview Access in southern Virginia. I haven't ridden it but I've been to the area and the scenery is amazing! It's also a rail trail so it shouldn't prove too challenging.
For a different route back, you could head south to Pittsburgh then through Charleston (West Virginia). Both cities are worth a visit. From there you could explore America's newest National Park, the New River Gorge National Park: Sandstone Falls Recreation Area Biking in this part of the country is awesome, but it's definitely hilly and there's not a lot of off-road trails. Proceed with caution.
You can then take I-77 / 81 / 26 home.
Happy Trails!

Briana
Really appreciate your taking the time to help with some wonderful suggestions! Thanks so much!!