Alex

Arusha, Tanzania, Mt. Kilimanjaro National Park, Kilimanjaro, Ngorongoro, Ngorongoro, Serengeti, Zanzibar, Zanzibar Town

Who has gone to Tanzania? Where did you go? How did you get around?

Hello! I am very interested in a trip to Tanzania covering as much ground as possible in two weeks. We try not to be tour-participants, but understand if it is hard to avoid. We are also NON-climbers, but would LOVE to get a view of Kilimanjaro. Basically, what were your itineraries like, where did you stay, and how did you get from place to place? Are there places to sleep around the main parks? Or is it mostly camping and what is camping like around these places?

Thank you!!

(Details: there are two of us, we are open to spending around $3500 per person, trip will be 2 weeks)

Sabine from Amsterdam

Oh by the way, we also did one week Zanzibar! Loved it as well! Felt like paradise. We stayed at Evergreen Bungalows. I think one week is enough for Zanzibar, so you could do one week Zanzibar and one week Safari, I think that's the best combination. 

Seddy

Hey Alex

if your non climber at Tanzania you can still enjoy whereby you can have some itinerary like this one

1.Have the Day trip in Mt. Kilimanjaro National Park for you to see the view of the mountain kilimanjaro

2.Having a Coffee tour at Marangu Coffee & Banana Plantations Homes whereby you will learn how coffee is local made,from the tree to the cup of coffee to test

3.Visiting the waterfall at Materuni waterfalls there

4.Visiting the  hot spring Kikuletwa Hotsprings (Maji Moto) for swimming

5.Taking a 8 days Safari to Tarangire National ParkLake Manyara National Park Ngorongoro Crater Oldupai Gorge Site MuseumSerengeti National Park

6.You should visiting Zanzibar

I think you will enjoy the trip

1. Mt. Kilimanjaro National Park (park)
  2. Marangu Coffee & Banana Plantations Homes (hotel)
  3. Materuni waterfalls (attraction)
  4. Kikuletwa Hotsprings (Maji Moto) (attraction)
  5. Tarangire National Park (attraction)
  6. Lake Manyara National Park (attraction)
  7. Ngorongoro Crater (attraction)
  8. Oldupai Gorge Site Museum (attraction)
  9. Serengeti National Park (attraction)
  10. Zanzibar (city)

Sabine from Amsterdam

Hi Alex, 

5 years ago we went to Tanzania and had a great time! We did a safari for a week or so with Hartebeest. This is a tour/safari company, but it doesn't feel like you are part of a tour as it is quite small. We went by local bus from Dar es Salaam to Arusha ourselves and were picked up there. 

We shared the jeep with 3 others, which was great. We did camping only! So no lodges or hotels, which gives you a real safari experience! Who else can say that they bumped into an elephant who was leisurely drinking water at our camping side! I was just getting out of the shower and you are face to face with a huge elephant! Or who heard buffalos farting 2 meters away from your tent??

They have a driver and a helper who sets up your tent and cooks for you. 

We went to Serengeti, Ngorongo crater, Tarangire and Manyara. At the end they drop you off at Arusha again and you can continue your trip :-). You can also extend your safari ofcourse with them. They were flexible wehn we booked. Just contact them: http://www.hartebeestsafaris.com

I think we spend like $1000 per persoon for 6 nights, 7 days safari. They were one of the cheapest at the time! 

Good luck with planning!

Sabine

Jérôme

Hey !!  I am just back from TanzaniaArusha: what an amazing adventure it was. We climbed Mount Kilimanjaro! Check our video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD56fkJMe3g

If you are non climber, I recommend staying with Mr. Amani Charles in Arusha just 10 minutes south of the city centre which is a bit too crazy sometimes !!

The name of the Hotel is Korona Villa Bed & Breakfast, you will find it easy on internet and for the Safaris I recommend Tarangire Sopa LodgeNgorongoro Serena Safari Lodge, we camped in between the two national park and it was great, Amani arranged everything for us. His hotel is small & we were the only ones staying there in Arusha which was amazing :)

Milikisafaris.com is his company in case you want to check !

Have a great one, I am full of amazing memories !

Jerome

1. Tanzania (attraction)
  2. Arusha (city)
  3. Mount Kilimanjaro (attraction)
  4. Korona Villa Bed & Breakfast (attraction)
  5. Tarangire Sopa Lodge (hotel)
  6. Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge (hotel)