Elaine
New Jersey

Aruba

Hotel preference in Aruba

My husband and I are looking to go to Aruba to warm up! Never been before and was looking for hotel or timeshare info. Less expensive than the Ritz but someplace friendly! Is all inclusive the way to go?

Linda from Toronto

Hi Elaine! 

I love Aruba! I have been twice. First trip I stayed at the The Mill Resort & Suites but that was many years ago, I was in my late 20's I was lucky to get there at all at that age as it's not cheap. It was nice but not on the beach and nothing fancy, although still nice. When I returned I stayed at Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino which has 2 properties the timeshare building on the beach which is great for families and then the marina side which faces water and you can watch the cruise ships while sitting at the pool! This hotel is the only hotel that has access to a private island which is wonderful. Just a short boat ride maybe 10 mins. The boat picks you up inside the hotel!! It's amazing! We did not do the All Inclusive but you can if you wish. I prefer yo have the option to go and not have to eat at your hotel. There are many shops, restaurants , a casino, entertainment shows all right there and you are right downtown so you can walk everywhere. Lots of duty free shopping. We rented a jeep for the day and drove around. Very easy as island is small. You really can't go wrong where ever you stay in Aruba as it is a beautiful, safe island with good food, shopping and great weather but a little windy at times. Good luck with your planning and have a great time!

1. The Mill Resort & Suites (hotel)
  2. Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino (hotel)

Diane

We have stayed at the Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino.  Options for all-inclusive or not. 

1. Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino (hotel)

Marie from New York State

We stayed at the Aruba Marriott Resort and Stellaris Casino which was on the water with private beach but not all inclusive. if you want rest Aruba is the place.

1. Aruba Marriott Resort and Stellaris Casino (hotel)

Shenan from New York City

Personally not a fan of all inclusive because we like to cook.  So we always go for the Marriott's Aruba Surf Club which is a Marriott property.  Beautiful, northern end of the Palm Beach, nice kitchens and outside grills.  Enjoy.

1. Marriott's Aruba Surf Club (hotel)
  2. Palm Beach (attraction)