We are going for 4 months to South America.
We leave mid February to Buenos Aires. We stay 4 days there and plan to take a flight to Bariloche.
On the 24 march we need to be in Santiago chile for a wedding.
So we have 5 weeks to explore Patagonia - Fireland and go up to Santiago.
Our question? Like everything ! :-)
What is the best way to travel, which route? Which stops do you recommend?
And do you think it is possible in 5 weeks? All the way to the south?
Every suggestion is welcome !!!
Hi, Ann, that sounds like a fantastic trip. I spent 8 months in South America and have been to the places you mentioned. Here is a suggested itinerary:
3. Take a bus (about 8 hours) from Mendoza to Santiago, Chile. I didn't take this route but have heard good things about it. Andesmar Bus and Pullman Bus are some of the companies that operate between both cities.
4. Fly from Santiago to Punta Arenas, Patagonia.
6. You can take a day trip from Puerto Natales to Perito Moreno Glacier, Argentina.
7. Another place to add to your list to visit is Ushuaia. Take a 3 days/2 nights tour from Punta Arenas to Ushuaia in Tierra del Fuego Argentina - known as the southernmost tip of South America.
8. Fly from Punta Arenas to Santiago.
Note: If you're in Punta Arenas before March 30, you may want to visit IIsla Magdalena National Park, the island with over 60,000 Magellanic penguins.
Mentioned in this answer: