Lauren
Lansing, Illinois

Lauren from Lansing, Illinois asked

Things to do in Arenal, Monteverde or San Jose, Costa Rica?

I'm taking a trip that includes Arenal, Monteverde and San Jose, Costa Rica. I'm wondering what are the best things to do there. We will have about 1 day of free time in each city and I'm having a hard time choosing what to do. My husband and I are pretty adventurous so we'd like to do something active. I know there is a lot of hiking, zip-lining, rappelling, spelunking, white water rafting, etc. We obviously won't have time to do them all, so if you did some of these, I'd love your feedback so we can decide which to do. 

Arenal   Monteverde (Costa Rica)   San Jose (Costa Rica)   Costa Rica

Erick from Heredia

In Monteverde, the best zipline tour is there. A must-do. It offers 17 platforms and at the end the tarzan swing will make your adventure full of adrenaline!

Arenal, I love the Canyoning tour. Rappelling trough the canyon of a river in the rain forest!

San José, I would like to recommend the Poas Volcano and La Paz Waterfalls Garden, both are located in the same destination and is easy to make it in one day.

I am sure you will be very busy and enjoy all places you are going to visit!

1. Monteverde (city)
  2. Arenal (city)
  3. San José (city)