Cherie
Bay Area

Cherie from Bay Area asked

Any luck with services like Fairfly?

What do you do when you book a flight, and then find a cheaper one (same or different airline)? Cancel and re-book? Nothing?

I usually don't check back to see if prices dropped, but I recently downloaded the app, Fairfly​, a service that says it will keep an eye on the flight I booked to see if the price will drop. I was just curious if anyone had luck with it!

Rick from Hanceville, Alabama

I have not tried fairfly, but the best place I have found to get the best prices anywhere and to be able to look and compare daily rates into the future is google fights.  It takes a few minutes to learn all the details but it is worth it and you can try many different scenarios such as length of stay.  It will give you the lowest prices.  Much better than all those travel sites like Kayak, expedia, etc.

Danielle from Tel Aviv

Hey Cherie, FairFly employee here! First off, thanks so much for downloading our app (and for posting about it on trippy)! :)

We love getting feedback from our users both online and via our email feedback@fairfly.com

To answer your question, not all flights go down in price, but most do! With our existing app we've seen the most rebooking from users flying internationally or in more expensive business/first class seats (this is because of the high cancellation fees charged by airlines).

With our latest app update we've added a flexibility setting so users can opt in to searching slightly different routes and times with the idea that even more people will be able to start saving money with FairFly! 

Stephen "Sven" from Florida

My luck with this service is spotty at best. They normally only watch the major airlines like Delta, United as such but do not monitor smaller airlines like Southwest or Alaska. It is hit or miss at best but is better than nothing. The worst part is finding a lower price and not being able to cancel or get the difference refunded.