Jack
Davis (California)

Antarctica

Is the time and expense worth it to travel to Antarctica?

Thinking about it as my 100th country and 7th continent. Is it worth the effort? Thanks!

Carol from Reading (Pennsylvania)

I've wanted to visit Antarctica since 2000. A woman I knew said Antarctica is like being on another planet and I felt the millennium was the perfect time to go there. We finally are going this December/ January. I'm so excited! Everyone who has been there loves it. Only hope the crossing is calm.

Scott from Chicago

My thought is money comes and money goes, the experiences are always worth it. Antartica is incredible, definitely worth it. 

Mark from Adelaide

Absolutely. The scenery there is magnificent. If you can afford the time and money I would recommend doing an early season trip that includes a visit to South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands as well as Antarctica.

More images at http://www.markpriorphotography.com/antarctica

1. South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (attraction)
  2. Antarctica (attraction)