Daisy
Atlanta

Annecy, Lausanne

Should we stop to eat in Lausanne or Annecy?

We are group of four, two 18 year old girls and 2 female adults. We are actually traveling as Girl Scouts! We are driving from Adelboden to Geneva to catch a plane to Italy. We were thinking of visiting Annecy and or Lausanne. We will have 6 hours from 10am till 4pm. We are traveling by car with the arrival time of 10AM in Geneva. Will I actually cross a border check? Keep in mind we will have been in Switzerland for 12 days already. I wanted to surprise the girls with a quick lunch in France. Is it possible? If so what else is there to do in Annecy? Will there be parking for our car? Shopping?

Martine from France

Hi, I live in Alsace, France  which is about 4H from from Annecy. We've often stayed in Adelboden, so I see very well what you're looking for. As you know, Lausanne is just across the lake from Évian-les-Bains, and 1:30 H drive from Annecy. If the weather is nice, you could stop in Evian, visit the town (not too much to see except the bord du lac) but take a return trip on the boat  to cross over to Lausanne and visit the city. Then drive to Annecy. Personally, I would eliminate Lausanne and visit Annecy, which is such a pretty  quaint town. Also, since you'll be used to the high cost of living in Switzerland since the recent change of exchange rates ( a coffee now costs around 4€ for us europeans) you'll find it much cheaper to have lunch in Annecy and why not on the lake front? So much more to see in Annecy, the old town is beautiful with lots of shops! Very close to the center of town, you'll find parkings, which would be the best option. you'll be crossing the border to go back to Geneva, but it's no problem. Hope this information has helped, have a great time!

1. Alsace (attraction)
  2. Annecy (attraction)
  3. Adelboden (city)
  4. Lausanne (city)
  5. Évian-les-Bains (attraction)
  6. Geneva (city)