Katie from Los Angeles asked

What's the best neighborhood in Ann Arbor for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Ann Arbor and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Ann Arbor is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Ann Arbor (Michigan)

Mashon

I think staying in Downtown Ann Arbor is the best to see local action.  

1. Ann Arbor (city)
Vanya

I would stay in an Airbnb in Kerrytown Market & Shops and walk around 3 major areas of town:

Downtown, Kerrytown and Central Campus

Sarthak from Mumbai, India

Hi Katie, the interesting thing about Ann Arbor main town is that it doesn't really have many hotels. But Ann Arbor being so small, most hotels are within 2 miles of the downtown area i.e. Main Street and State Street. Anywhere within 2-3 miles of this area is fine because you can walk or Uber within $5-6 a ride. I am a student here and have lived here for 2 years. 

Chris from Ann Arbor

There aren't a lot of hotel options central to the town. The Dahlmann Campus Inn and the Bell Tower are *right downtown*, both owned by the same company/family. Both are quite nice and very convenient. One interesting option is The Inn at the Michigan League, on the U of M campus: http://uunions.umich.edu/league/inn/

Hazel
Ditto

Bryan

Any where in the city of Ann Arbor is great. Look for something by the mall. Qucik in to town and by resturants

1. Ann Arbor (city)