Anchorage

Best free things to do in Anchorage?

I'm going to be in Anchorage next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Merry

Check out the shops downtown; lots of cute things to look at and if you did spy something you like, get a card and ask if they'll ship it to you later when you're ready to purchase (most will). Depending on what time of year it is, there could be free outdoor music or other events, like Fur Rondy. I don't think any of the bars have cover anymore, so you could always go in a people watch or dance! And check out Kincaid Park!

1. Kincaid Park (attraction)

Beth from Tulsa

1. Potter Marsh Wildlife Viewing Boardwalk (attraction)

Joe

Fur Rondy end of February is great, lots of free events.

There are events down town almost every weekend.

Moira

Go to the Anchorage Museum! Its a few bucks to get in, but totally worth it. Right now they have Van Gogh Alive, a video exhibit set to music, and it's incredible. They also have a native Alaskan hall, the real jewel of the museum.

1. Anchorage Museum (attraction)