Roslyn

Amsterdam

what hotel to stay central near cruise terminal

What hotels do you recommend to stay in central Amsterdam near the cruise terminal

Tyssen

We stayed at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Centre East prior to cruise . Tram stops close by to take you to Centraal Station. Arranged transportation with hotel to take us to the port very close too. We stayed at Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre next to the port after the cruise which was very convenient. Got good rates in July. Trams within walking distance. Also can walk to Central.

1. Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Centre East (hotel)
  2. Centraal Station (attraction)
  3. Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre (restaurant)

Mary from Leicester

'Recommendations' depend on your budget, what you mean by 'near' and what you personally expect any hotel. Central Amsterdam is full of hotels. 

Of the international chains, the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre and  DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel are both of a good standard. The Ibis styles Amsterdam central station is a slightly cheaper option and also of a good standard....and there are plenty more.

I can personally recommend the Singel Hotel Amsterdam and the Hotel Prins Hendrik, both of which are housed in old and fascinatingly quirky buildings and offer clean, comfortable accommodation with a very decent breakfast.

I suggest you have a look at the long-established and reliable www.booking.com It has very extensive listings in Amsterdam and really excellent mapping and will show you the location of all hotels available for your dates. Most importantly, its reviews can only be posted by people who have booked through the site and completed their stay.  I've used the site almost exclusively for the past 10+ years in the 30+ countries I've visited and all my hotels have been exactly as I expected from the site info and reviews.

Peter from Vienna

I would recommend the Hotel NH Collection Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky which is a very old, traditional  hotel right in the centre of Amsterdam at theDam Square It has been modernized recently and belongs to the NH Group. It is particular famous for its breakfast hall. 

1. Hotel NH Collection Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky (hotel)
  2. Amsterdam (city)
  3. Dam Square (attraction)

Claudia from New York City

Like Mary, I like booking.com too. I've booked over 20 stays with them in the last four years, including booking a one night stay at Bilderberg Hotel Jan Luyken near Amsterdam's Museum Square.

There are plenty of hotels to choose from in central Amsterdam plus many are just a taxi/tram ride away from the cruise terminal. If you're short on time, I suggest staying at the Movenpick for pre-cruise. For post-cruise, I recommend Conservatorium Hotel, a landmark heritage building and five-star hotel that is just steps from Rijksmuseum Amsterdam, Van Gogh Museum and Vondelpark.

Here is a link to Port of Amsterdam: https://www.portofamsterdam.com/en/business/ocean-cruise

1. Bilderberg Hotel Jan Luyken (hotel)
  2. Conservatorium Hotel (hotel)
  3. Rijksmuseum Amsterdam (attraction)
  4. Van Gogh Museum (attraction)

Tyssen

We stayed in Amsterdam 5 days before the cruise and 1 day after. We saw quite a lot of Amsterdam and surrounding areas. Some of the places you probably can do on your own. Take a look at their itineraries for some ideas. Would recommend you book ahead for some of the museums and Anne Frank House to avoid the long lines.

1. Amsterdam (city)
  2. Anne Frank House (attraction)