Nancy
Oregon

Amsterdam

Museum quarter restaurants

My boyfriend & I will be in Amsterdam for 2 days in mid-April. Looking for restaurants that are casual/fun in that district after we take in a museum. We will be tired and jetlagged, so not too wild.  

Daryl from Boulder

My favourite for a lunch time snack is De Balie or Soup Enzo for hearty walk and eat but towards evening  Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam is pretty close to Rijksmuseum Amsterdam, Little Buddha Amsterdam and the whole of the Leidseplein you'll have a choice of 20 odd places to suit your palette ( Boom Chicago Theater Productions BV also great).  If its winter, they usually have ice skating but it's all terrace chairs in the summer perfect for soaking up the Amsterdam street life. 

1. De Balie (restaurant)
  2. Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam (restaurant)
  3. Rijksmuseum Amsterdam (attraction)
  4. Leidseplein (attraction)
  5. Boom Chicago Theater Productions BV (attraction)
  6. Little Buddha Amsterdam (attraction)

Beau from Houston

Nancy! Ya'll need to check out my favorite spot, Café de Spuyt (two blocks off Leidseplein) for a good Belgian beer and then for lunch and the best apple pie in the city, head to Winkel in De Jordaan! Good luck

1. De Jordaan (attraction)
  2. Café de Spuyt (attraction)
  3. Leidseplein (attraction)
  4. Winkel (attraction)

Charlotte from Amsterdam

Amsterdam is filles with good restaurants so please don't go to the shabby shoarma take away, that's only acceptable at 4 o'clock in the morning.. Museum district has a nice place called L'Entrecôte et les Dames which is not too wild or Café Wildschut, a nice neighbourhood restaurant.

1. L'Entrecôte et les Dames (restaurant)
  2. Café Wildschut (attraction)

Caiê from Curitiba

Hi, I suggest you to go for snacks or shoarma brood(an Arabic kind of sandwich) instead of a restaurant… Amsterdam doesn't offer a really good variety of restaurants and this foods that I suggested are the best in my opinion. 

About the museum, you should go to the famous ones… Rijksmuseum Amsterdam (the biggest and best museum of all, and it opened up again last year, after a 10 years stop for renovation), Van Gogh Museum is also amazing an it's located very near to the Rijksmuseum. I didn't go to Anne Frank House, but it probably worth the visit… it's also in the Amsterdam Centrum, actually anything is too far in amsterdam. 

Hope you enjoy it !!!

1. Rijksmuseum Amsterdam (attraction)
  2. Van Gogh Museum (attraction)
  3. Anne Frank House (attraction)
  4. Amsterdam Centrum (attraction)